First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Apparantly they're further along than I thought; They've already produced 1,000 Rivian Vans....

1.png
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Apparantly they're further along than I thought; They've already produced 1,000 Rivian Vans....

1.png
I could be wrong but I ready that as "one thousandth"

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

*1,000th van.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
after producing the 1000th van, Rivian would have produced 1000 vans. no?

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

9000 more before the end of the year.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

9000 more before the end of the year.
They have backed off that signfiicantly. I think it'll be closer to 5,000 or maybe less. In several interviews Rivian execs have been very cagey about specific numbers of vans anticipated for delivery this year. That said, RJ was adament that this was amenable to Amazon within their agreement, especially since it sounds like many of the production delays were driven by Amazon's changes late in the development stages.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
They have backed off that signfiicantly. I think it'll be closer to 5,000 or maybe less. In several interviews Rivian execs have been very cagey about specific numbers of vans anticipated for delivery this year. That said, RJ was adament that this was amenable to Amazon within their agreement, especially since it sounds like many of the production delays were driven by Amazon's changes late in the development stages.
They also gone on record that they expect significant progress on edv ramp in the latter half of the year. Maybe wishful thinking, but they’ve also given guidance they expect the edv ramp to be rapid.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

They also gone on record that they expect significant progress on edv ramp in the latter half of the year. Maybe wishful thinking, but they’ve also given guidance they expect the edv ramp to be rapid.
I'd be shocked if it didn't ramp much faster since the vans should be much easier to manufacture and have less parts. It sounded in the interviews like the charging and service infrastructure at the actual delivery centers is currently a choke point for how many vans can be delivered and where as well so it's possible Rivian has dialed back production to meet what Amazon can accept right now.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I'd be shocked if it didn't ramp much faster since the vans should be much easier to manufacture and have less parts. It sounded in the interviews like the charging and service infrastructure at the actual delivery centers is currently a choke point for how many vans can be delivered and where as well so it's possible Rivian has dialed back production to meet what Amazon can accept right now.
The only major hurdle I’m aware of is that a seating vendor for the van was screwing them Rivian. Rivian is suing them, but I’m not sure of how things stand in the meantime.
Sponsored