First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Coming from a Model 3 (or any Tesla), everything Rivian showed here looks extremely familiar to Tesla's UX – and that's not a bad thing because I really like my Model 3's UI. Anyone coming from an older ICE car should be able to get used to things like touchscreen controls really quickly, I promise!

The only thing I'd love to see someday is an Apple Music app. They got Spotify in there for launch, but I have fingers crossed for Apple Music to be on their product roadmap considering it's got the other half of market share Spotify doesn't have.

No mention of bells-and-whistles stuff like Netflix or YouTube or Browser apps, but IMO none of those are requirements for their launch and totally lower priority and could be added anytime later and I'd be fine with it.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I made the same suggestion in another thread, that there is probably some liability for Rivian in providing mapping. However, they could release a mapping iOS/android app that can then exist within CarPlay. So you could have your Rivian map app with RAN and waypoint, integrated with your range etc, and al the CarPlay features like Apple Music and podcasts, etc.

I wonder if they’ve thought of this.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Glad Tunein is there

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Can't say I am not impressed with the functionality of these features. My biggest take form all this is accessing this while driving.
1) While driving alone, can one access these features via the steering wheel controls? Obviously I don't need to concern myself with this when driving with someone else due to the 'co-pilot' being able to do so.
2) Since Alexa will be a 'thing' with Rivians, can Rvian'lexa recognize these functions should one tell it to access and adjust those features (this is most important for like changing drive modes) in order to not divert the driver's attention away from the road.
Optional) Who do I have to murdalize to get this to respond in Cuban? ?

Sponsored

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
That's Bigfoot right?
No way, he's his own one of a kind thing! Haha!

I wonder what his name is? They HAVE to have some funny nickname for him

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Seems to me they are duplicating almost exactly what Tesla did with the Model 3. It doesn't take long to get used to it IMO.

Volume can be controlled with the steering wheel nubs.
Genuinely curious. How do you handle the Tesla if you're wearing gloves? Do you typically wait for red lights and stops to do most changes? Do you have any glare issues or responsive issues with the Tesla touchscreen? Has your touchscreen ever stopped working or had any issues?

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
No way, he's his own one of a kind thing! Haha!

I wonder what his name is? They HAVE to have some funny nickname for him
I think his name is “Gear Guard”, right?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Independent vent controls!. Can finally toggle passenger vents off and the other half can not be too cold while I’m sweating.
Thanks theses are fantastic!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone with a model 3 have any insight into why you would use the scroll wheels rather than just a d-pad?

I am a little surprised they don't seem to have Amazon music integrated. And seem oddly quiet about Alexa.

Regarding mapping, as long as you can lookup a POI in the Rivian app ahead of time and send it to the car, should be nbd.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Still waiting for .gpx importing... :)

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
If I remember correctly, isn’t Unreal also doing the UX in the Hummer EV? I wonder if it’s on the same platform

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
If I remember correctly, isn’t Unreal also doing the UX in the Hummer EV? I wonder if it’s on the same platform
Yep

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They don't do it them selves its a engine you can use/integrate for your environment/code. Its more of a platform used for creating games but you can also use it to create things like a UI for snappy response and amazing graphics.

Unreal Engine (UE4) is a complete suite of creation tools for game development, architectural and automotive visualization, linear film and television content creation, broadcast and live event production, training and simulation, and other real-time applications.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/download
Sponsored