Sponsored

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Got it. I was looking for something a bit more cost effective. I tried these and they were useless:

MICRO DRY - Drying systems - Heating systems - Products - BOOTDOC / HOTRONIC – BOOT DRYER & GLOVE DRYER (bootdoc-hotronic.com)
I've tried the Hotronics before. Next to useless. I warm the boots up in the bag on the way to the slopes, and also have boot heaters by Therm-ic which I use while skiing. It's an expensive setup to be sure, but keeps me on the slopes from first to last chair.
Sponsored

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I'd actually be happier with more 120v outlets that have more overall power available. Maybe wishful thinking for the second order...

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Has anybody added a 12V plug to the bed? I am thinking about doing this.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Has anybody added a 12V plug to the bed? I am thinking about doing this.
What is your use case for this?

I don't see 12V cigarette-lighter-style plugs providing me much value.

120V AC outlets, yes.
USB-C, yes.
240V AC outlet, yes.
12V barrel, no.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What is your use case for this?

I don't see 12V cigarette-lighter-style plugs providing me much value.

120V AC outlets, yes.
USB-C, yes.
240V AC outlet, yes.
12V barrel, no.
I often run my ARB fridge in the back. It is more efficient to run it off 12V than 110V. I also have a 12V chase/dust light I would like to run.

Sponsored

proto

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Lincoln MKC
Maybe an awkward supply issue. There are some getting deliveries now that have all three.
I was pleasantly surprised when my R1S delivered with the 12v in the frunk. The delivery guy said that Rivian originally signed a contract from X number of tubs with the 12v (he threw out numbers like 25,000 or 50,000, but was just guessing), and when they get a shipment of that stock they throw them into the production line. He said once they satisfy that contract there will be no more 12v in the frunk.

elecrticeddy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport HSE, Rivian R1S, R1T, 911T Targa 71
Occupation
Strategic Marketing & Research
Clubs

Jeeves

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette C8, Tesla Model Y, Acura MDX
Occupation
Management Consultant
I have the 12v on my R1T and have never used it. I tend to use the frunk for things I take in and out a lot (golf clubs… laptop bag… groceries…) and the gear tunnel for refrigerator or crock pot/slow cooker

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have used the 12V in my R1T to charge camera/drone batteries. It makes a decent workspace for that. I would prefer the socket to be more horizontal though.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Just picked up my R1T. 2023, VIN 19xxx. Has 12v under the dash, no 12 in frunk. I do however have Elevation by Meridian and not the in house system (though its not clear if that better or worse)

KimBrennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just picked up my R1T. 2023, VIN 19xxx. Has 12v under the dash, no 12 in frunk. I do however have Elevation by Meridian and not the in house system (though its not clear if that better or worse)
I picked up my R1T on the 31st of March (2023). No 12v in the frunk. No 12v under the dash. Now the only 12v is in the gear tunnel. VIN 217XX

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Unfortunately my R1T does not have a 12V outlet in the frunk or the old wiring to retrofit one. I actually have a use case for one though since I will be purchasing the frunk water tank by @BoxGods, which makes use of the 12V outlet to power a pump.

Has anyone done a more in depth look at where the wiring is sourced from to see if it is still feasible to retrofit one if you remove the plastic tub? I do have an outlet below the dash that could potentially be used, but that seems like a more difficult option to access.

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
Unfortunately my R1T does not have a 12V outlet in the frunk or the old wiring to retrofit one. I actually have a use case for one though since I will be purchasing the frunk water tank by @BoxGods, which makes use of the 12V outlet to power a pump.

Has anyone done a more in depth look at where the wiring is sourced from to see if it is still feasible to retrofit one if you remove the plastic tub? I do have an outlet below the dash that could potentially be used, but that seems like a more difficult option to access.
Wouldn't it be easier to just use something like this:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Hybrid-Transfer-Pump-P750/300258095

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T