Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Just received a message that the truck arrived at the Denver Service Center. Looks like it shipped via Truck instead of rail.
Has your 8th step unlocked?
Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Just received a message that the truck arrived at the Denver Service Center. Looks like it shipped via Truck instead of rail.
Not entirely true. They still have to final mile it to the dealer. From the yard in Henderson, to Denver.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I don’t care if it’s towed behind a horse drawn Amish carriage with a priest throwing holy water on it to exorcise the technological demon that lives within.

I just want mind delivered.
Word of caution, If he's using hard water, probably best to order yours with the full PPF from the factory.

You're welcome! 😉

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Word of caution, If he's using hard water, probably best to order yours with the full PPF from the factory.

You're welcome! 😉
:CWL:
BTW, I just confirmed my order today.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Shipping cars by rail means it is possible to trace progress of the train provided we know what the train cart number is with our car on it.
When i was getting my Mustang Mach-E last year, I was able to get train updates thanks to so called Vehicle Visibility Report that the dealer shared with us.

Attached is a map of the rail network. Notice that Normal, IL is marked as MI or Mitsubishi on this map but is now Rivian.

It seems to me that Guides know the train numbers that cars are on because they are providing updates.
automotive-map-0.png
So all deliveries East of Normal go via truck transport?

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Just found out mine is prepped and awaiting transit at the factory.

Booooooo!

I wonder how often they send out batches to Denver.

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager
Did you already setup a delivery date?
I got a text from the service center right after the 8 steps unlocked that the truck had arrived, completed PDI and ready to schedule pickup.
My guess is that the truck was already in transport when my guide was still saying it was at the factory. Otherwise they have improved the PDI turn around times.

Sponsored

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (s00n- VIN assigned), Taco TRD
I hope my truck is on that train! Also SF Bay Area, got a VIN (from the shop) on Tuesday the 2nd, guide contact on the 3rd saying it would likely be by train and final delivery in a few weeks.

I haven't heard if it's actually on the train or not, and I'm probably not going to harass my poor guide for updates. :) But hopefully it's moving slowly westward!
I just got confirmation it's still sitting at the factory in Normal. It's not on a train headed west, and I was told last week I couldn't come get it in Normal. So I guess I still have quite a few more weeks of waiting impatiently.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I just got confirmation it's still sitting at the factory in Normal. It's not on a train headed west, and I was told last week I couldn't come get it in Normal. So I guess I still have quite a few more weeks of waiting impatiently.
Hrm. I was also told on Friday that mine is on a train West. How did you find out it's still in Normal? And if it's still in Normal, will they let you switch to "come get it in Normal"?

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hrm. I was also told on Friday that mine is on a train West. How did you find out it's still in Normal? And if it's still in Normal, will they let you switch to "come get it in Normal"?
I reached out once I got the tax credit email, to see if I should sign that or not. I was told my purchase isn't finalized yet, so if I wanted to lock in then signing is the right way to do so. At the same time, I asked what my truck status was since I already had the guide answering questions. That's when she told me it's still at the factory.

I picked a truck from the shop on the 2nd, got a VIN that day. Guide contact the next day indicated it would head out via train likely. I emailed a week ago asking if I could fly out and drive it home for fun, and was told that it was only available to people in a certain radius. I hoped that combined with the others from the SF Bay Area saying their truck left via train late last week meant mine was also on the train.

Apparently not. Who knows when mine leaves, but I'm definitely not allowed to fly out and get it!

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Interesting. So mine is apparently further along the process. Did you sign all the documents of the 8 steps yet, and pay your big down payment?

I picked a truck from the shop also on the 2nd, got the VIN that day, signed all my 8 steps the next day, along with paying $10k down payment. (Well, waiting on step 8 "preparing for delivery.") My guide told me on Friday it was already on the train. (I had reached out to my guide the day I got a Guide assigned and Shop access in late June saying I wanted to pick up at the factory, and they had repeatedly said that would be fine for my chosen build; or if I picked a vehicle form the Shop that wasn't already in my city. I know someone else local to me that picked up in Normal and drove home halfway across the country a couple months ago.)

The fact that you haven't finalized the agreement is probably why yours isn't actually on the train yet.

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I signed all the docs and took care of *most* of the 8 steps right away, on the 2nd. The only two things I haven't done are finalize insurance or wire them the $10k. With my guide call I asked if either of those matter to delivery timing, and she said no that I was all set until hours before delivery. I just didn't want to start paying for things I might not see for 2 more months!

She told me on the 3rd my vehicle was "factory gated", but would hopefully get on a train soon and I'd see it in a few weeks. Today, she simply confirmed it was still factory gated. I don't know that we can read too much more into it than it just hasn't left the factory yet. They could have found something needing fixing or finishing, who knows.

All I know is that a full week after having a VIN it is still sitting in Normal, and I can't get it. :)
Sponsored