First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Did you get any update today regarding your vehicle making it to the SC? I believe you and I were both hearing similar information with relation to timing.
nah. My guide has been ghosting me this week. They were on PTO a week ago and had sent a message telling me someone else to reach out to when that happened and I chatted with them after the layoffs happened, so donā€™t think itā€™s either of those. Must be really busy with all the CA wondering why itā€™s taking so long lol šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

You're absolutely right it isn't that long of wait in the grand scheme of things and I would totally be sharing your viewpoint if I didn't lock my configuration and have a guide call a couple weeks ago myself. Once the purchasing steps become unlocked and you are only a short time away the purchase becomes real. Before that, at least for me, it was just an online deposit and it felt almost abstract.

The closer you get the worse the waiting gets, which is why I suspect Rivian stopped scheduling deliveries so early and is only doing the 8 steps once the car is built now.
This.

I put down my preorder deposit in 2020. I waited a long time to even get a delivery date. That delivery date was "June-July 2022". Then *IN* June 2022, it was bumped to "November-December 2022." So I've had the rug pulled out from under me once already when I was expecting it "soon." But that was still before I was in the purchase process, I wasn't angry over that. Disappointed, sure.

But once I had a VIN assigned? And, perhaps most importantly - I've paid $10,000. When my Guide knew for over a month that I wanted to pick up in Normal if my vehicle was already there. I switched to a Vehicle Shop purchase (identical in every way except "standard" 20" AT wheels instead of the "Bright" 20" AT wheels,) so I didn't know if the Shop listing was for Normal or my city. The instant I locked it from the shop, I let my Guide know "wherever it is now, that's where I'll take possession."

My Guide has been slow to respond to me this whole time. Often having no useful information. No "guidance" from my Guide.

So for my Guide to drop the ball and tell me "it left Normal today"? That's a huge ball-drop. I was looking forward to the road trip. Flying to Chicago, taking a quick factory tour, driving the vehicle home... I figured the vehicle wouldn't be ready until late next week. Fine. I would have flown out next Thursday/Friday, taking a long weekend to drive home. But I'd have the truck in my garage by the 15th.

Or, since it was a Vehicle Shop purchase, maybe it was already in my city - in which case I'd miss out on the road trip, but I'd have it sooner. Figure early to mid next week. I was looking forward to the factory visit and road trip, but if it was already in my city, having it that much sooner would be an acceptable trade.

But missing out on holding it in Normal is aggravating. Causing an extra delay that I specifically wanted to avoid. More than longer than if I'd picked it up in Normal myself, without the benefit of the factory visit and road trip.

So yes, this one stings *FAR* more than the early June delay.

coshesey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Director Home Services
Well I got the call. My truck is at the Costa Mesa SC. They called to set up a delivery and I am picking it up Tomorrow at 3pm!!!

So pumped!

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager
Is anyone in the Denver area waiting for delivery and told their truck was in transit by rail?

My truck has yet to leave Normal. I'm guessing it would go by rail if most of the trucks headed west are transported in this way.
I am in the same boat, vin in the 9900's. The only update I can get is that transportation may take a couple of weeks but be ready in case it arrives sooner.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I am in the same boat, vin in the 9900's. The only update I can get is that transportation may take a couple of weeks but be ready in case it arrives sooner.
Based on your VIN assigned date, my guess is our trucks will be on the same transport to Denver. I'll post if I hear any news.

Sponsored

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager
Based on your VIN assigned date, my guess is our trucks will be on the same transport to Denver. I'll post if I hear any news.
I will do the same. Given the distance from Normal to Denver I am hopeful they will ship via truck.

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (s00n- VIN assigned), Taco TRD
So for my Guide to drop the ball and tell me "it left Normal today"? That's a huge ball-drop. I was looking forward to the road trip. Flying to Chicago, taking a quick factory tour, driving the vehicle home... I figured the vehicle wouldn't be ready until late next week. Fine. I would have flown out next Thursday/Friday, taking a long weekend to drive home. But I'd have the truck in my garage by the 15th.
For what it's worth, my guide just told me that factory pick-up is only available for folks that live within a certain radius. I was asking because I also have selected a truck from the Shop, and it's sitting in Normal waiting to be put on a train. I asked if I could fly out and drive it home, and it's not an option for me at least.

Sponsored

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I contacted them. Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the SC to call and or unlock step 8!
Wow, hopefully I get a call to pick up this week. Still confused whatā€™s involved in the processing the trucks other than basic functionality check, inspection and and cleaning it up? Should be reaching out to owners to pick some times within a day or 2 right?

stark_weather

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 E-Golf
Wow, hopefully I get a call to pick up this week. Still confused whatā€™s involved in the processing the trucks other than basic functionality check, inspection and and cleaning it up? Should be reaching out to owners to pick some times within a day or 2 right?
Yeah they quote 1-3 days for final inspection. Hoping the train transport means there is less they have to look at regarding potential damage. Probably have to charge it to a minimum amount also.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Yeah they quote 1-3 days for final inspection. Hoping the train transport means there is less they have to look at regarding potential damage. Probably have to charge it to a minimum amount also.
Hereā€™s hoping for some quick deliveries for all. Just happy to get a truck at this point, a few more days wait will be worth it.

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW i3, Volvo V90 CC
Occupation
Engineer
latest from my guide today is mine was recently in Nebraska. Will either take delivery at Bellevue SC or do home delivery

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

For what it's worth, my guide just told me that factory pick-up is only available for folks that live within a certain radius. I was asking because I also have selected a truck from the Shop, and it's sitting in Normal waiting to be put on a train. I asked if I could fly out and drive it home, and it's not an option for me at least.
Someone local to me did pick up at Normal, though. But that was a couple months ago. My Guide even said it shouldn't be a problem to do when I brought it up after I was first assigned a Guide a little over a month ago. Perhaps with the move to rail-based transport, they're trying to minimize pickups at the factory.

And here I was hoping to drive from Normal to Boring!
Sponsored