First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Another data point... 8-point agreement July 19th, was told then Aug 5th (17 days) arrival in San Diego (probably was already in transit with some others here). Guide confirmed today that its in California but his system is 24-hours behind, so should be in SD tomorrow (as scheduled) or possibly first thing next week for my PDI before scheduling delivery.
Now that's interesting. I'm also in San Diego, and was told to start the purchase process back on 7/8. I'm at step 6/8 just awaiting a date for this to come, but have yet to get any updates on where exactly it's at. The last time I spoke to a guide he said that it's probably 2-3 weeks out still. I would be so happy if that was wrong and it's traveling buddies with your R1T!
Sponsored

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Now that's interesting. I'm also in San Diego, and was told to start the purchase process back on 7/8. I'm at step 6/8 just awaiting a date for this to come, but have yet to get any updates on where exactly it's at. The last time I spoke to a guide he said that it's probably 2-3 weeks out still. I would be so happy if that was wrong and it's traveling buddies with your R1T!
Not sure if this matters but I had a configuration and then the same configuration minus the full size spare showed on the store so I got that, maybe it was already in transit? Hope we'll hang out in Miramar together sometime next week?

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if this matters but I had a configuration and then the same configuration minus the full size spare showed on the store so I got that, maybe it was already in transit? Hope we'll hang out in Miramar together sometime next week?
Ah ok, that is a big difference then. I thought maybe mine was a pre-existing configuration but at least according to my guide, this was a fresh build based on my config. So maybe they're not traveling together. But yes, it'll be amazing if it is. Keep us posted on yours!

LanikaiBlue

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC-90 T8
Occupation
Healthcare
It's funny how some guides will share estimated location of the trucks in transit (or at least some geographical descriptor), and even expected SC delivery dates, while others (including mine) will only say that they're in transit at all, and hesitate on giving timeframes, other than 2-4+ weeks when gently coaxed.

Is any one (or spreadsheet) keeping track of these data points? I'm not quite savvy enough otherwise I'd surely do it.

Original Config/Shop: Original
Ship Date ~ 7/26
Destination: West Sacramento SC
Estimated Arrival Date: not given
Contact from SC: TBD
Delivery Date: TBD

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
It's funny how some guides will share estimated location of the trucks in transit (or at least some geographical descriptor), and even expected SC delivery dates, while others (including mine) will only say that they're in transit at all, and hesitate on giving timeframes, other than 2-4+ weeks when gently coaxed.

Is any one (or spreadsheet) keeping track of these data points? I'm not quite savvy enough otherwise I'd surely do it.

Ship Date ~ 7/26
I am a 8 stepper on 7/27 and awaiting for truck to get to West Sacramento as well. Not getting a real timeline or location just generic so far.

Sponsored

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback

Ship Date ~ 7/26

I think this is the best we have: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/poll-time-from-guide-contact-to-delivery.5519/

Not sure why it's not pinned to be honest!

Jayhox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS
I am a 8 stepper on 7/27 and awaiting for truck to get to West Sacramento as well. Not getting a real timeline or location just generic so far.
[/QUOTE

Also awaiting delivery in West Sac. My guide told me he expected mine to arrive at the SC this week. He didn't inspire a lot of confidence when communicating with me, so take it for what it's worth. I plan to touch base tomorrow for an update. I'm hopeful but not confident. Would be cool if team West Sac had a nice surprise in the next week or two.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Also California. Locked config and VIN on July 7. 87xx. Arrived in SSF three weeks later. (Was it already in transit when I picked it out of the shop? Maybe...) SC needs a few days to make sure it's ready for pickup. My pickup scheduled for this coming Saturday. Good luck!
Three *WEEKS*? :oops:

Crap. Locked config and VIN only on Tuesday, was told it "just left Normal and is currently in transit via rail" today. I'm further North, but I can't imagine much shorter a trip.

Dammit. I wish my Guide had been able to lock down my preference on Tuesday - I told them a month ago I was willing to pick it up in Normal. If it only just left today; that's a huge failure on my Guide's part in not getting it kept in Normal.

sterculus

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4, future R1T
My guide told me today it was headed out of Normal to SF, estimating 3 weeks - so presumably by rail.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Three *WEEKS*? :oops:

Crap. Locked config and VIN only on Tuesday, was told it "just left Normal and is currently in transit via rail" today. I'm further North, but I can't imagine much shorter a trip.

Dammit. I wish my Guide had been able to lock down my preference on Tuesday - I told them a month ago I was willing to pick it up in Normal. If it only just left today; that's a huge failure on my Guide's part in not getting it kept in Normal.
It's great to see the anticipation and excitement most here have. But, 3 weeks isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. I was told my R1S would get to me in the 2nd half of 2023. I ordered it is February. I'd love to get my hands on the car sooner but 2023 is cool. Enjoy your R in good health and post lots of photos please. Cheers!

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It's great to see the anticipation and excitement most here have. But, 3 weeks isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. I was told my R1S would get to me in the 2nd half of 2023. I ordered it is February. I'd love to get my hands on the car sooner but 2023 is cool. Enjoy your R in good health and post lots of photos please. Cheers!
You're absolutely right it isn't that long of wait in the grand scheme of things and I would totally be sharing your viewpoint if I didn't lock my configuration and have a guide call a couple weeks ago myself. Once the purchasing steps become unlocked and you are only a short time away the purchase becomes real. Before that, at least for me, it was just an online deposit and it felt almost abstract.

The closer you get the worse the waiting gets, which is why I suspect Rivian stopped scheduling deliveries so early and is only doing the 8 steps once the car is built now.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Is anyone in the Denver area waiting for delivery and told their truck was in transit by rail?

My truck has yet to leave Normal. I'm guessing it would go by rail if most of the trucks headed west are transported in this way.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Haha, very true, but in my case, what was frustrating is, the incorrect estimates given. They told me to get my financing, and as part of the 8 step process, I had to upload the loan check. I did all that, but now that check is going to expire because of these unexpected delays with the rail transportation. My guide said they really don't know how long it will take but 2-3 weeks is conservative most likely he said.

So that means I have to go and start a new loan process once this check expires. I just hope the loan rates don't jump by the time I get to it. Rates have gone up slightly since I started this, but thankfully so far my credit union said their rates have not changed.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Haha, very true, but in my case, what was frustrating is, the incorrect estimates given. They told me to get my financing, and as part of the 8 step process, I had to upload the loan check. I did all that, but now that check is going to expire because of these unexpected delays with the rail transportation. My guide said they really don't know how long it will take but 2-3 weeks is conservative most likely he said.

So that means I have to go and start a new loan process once this check expires. I just hope the loan rates don't jump by the time I get to it. Rates have gone up slightly since I started this, but thankfully so far my credit union said their rates have not changed.
yeah, I definitely think guides should have a better message around the 8 steps, and Rivian, too. Getting step 1 done early is cool and all, but they should set more realistic expectations for folks on the other steps. If your truck is still 3-4 weeks out, don’t suggest I need to have financing, payment, etc to you.

my guide told me it was fine to hold out on truly completing some of the steps until I have a delivery date, so holding out for that. I have financing lined up, but having the bank hold off on fully processing until I at least know the truck is at the SC.

Jayhox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS
yeah, I definitely think guides should have a better message around the 8 steps, and Rivian, too. Getting step 1 done early is cool and all, but they should set more realistic expectations for folks on the other steps. If your truck is still 3-4 weeks out, don’t suggest I need to have financing, payment, etc to you.

my guide told me it was fine to hold out on truly completing some of the steps until I have a delivery date, so holding out for that. I have financing lined up, but having the bank hold off on fully processing until I at least know the truck is at the SC.
Did you get any update today regarding your vehicle making it to the SC? I believe you and I were both hearing similar information with relation to timing.
Sponsored