First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
For deliveries would be nice to have a factory delivery option.

This concerns me way more on the manufacturing side because if they cannot get parts delivered they can’t build vehicles.

Hopefully the government will step in here, they already had a cooling off period ordered by Biden, any further steps will need to come from congress. This would be devastating to the attempts to get inflation under control if they allow this strike to cripple the supply chains.
Yeah, Rivian really needs to step it up and formalize factory delivery. That would solve part of the rail problem. But you are correct - this probably will have a significant impact on the inbound materials. For example, body panels are stamped in Normal. Rail would be the most efficient method of shipping the large sheets or rolls of aluminum to the plant, so I assume that's how it comes in. Ugh...
Sponsored

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Same same. "All I can see is it is in-transit"
Or do you think this one guide is just picking random stops along the way to make it feel like there is movement? 😂
That would be a genius move.
that'd be seriously hilarious, next level moves

also, to give the rest of the "in-transit" people hope. I got a all randomly yesterday afternoon saying my Rivian was ready for pick up, could've been ready immediately. I scheduled it for Saturday so I can get the full family involved.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse

also, to give the rest of the "in-transit" people hope. I got a all randomly yesterday afternoon saying my Rivian was ready for pick up, could've been ready immediately. I scheduled it for Saturday so I can get the full family involved.
Are you picking up at El Segundo? If so, any idea when it arrived there? Thanks!

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Are you picking up at El Segundo? If so, any idea when it arrived there? Thanks!
Costa Mesa and neither the delivery center or my guide has the arrival timeline apparently it from in-transit to "ready for pick up" and nothing in between

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

"Corporate Accounts Payable, Nina speaking....just a moment"

Elvis0502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have waited for loading my truck for 2 weeks. Today, my guide told me that " We are crazy about quality, and the vehicle goes through numerous inspections before the final inspection before delivery. On one of these inspections, the team identified that the vehicle’s hood would not close completely. My team is working on this fix today, and I hope I will have a more exciting update for you here soon. "

I don't know it is a big problem or just minor issue. Feel not happy anyway.

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
Is there any way to find out if the truck made it to the service center aside for asking my guide?
I feel like he is tired of the harassment lol.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Is there any way to find out if the truck made it to the service center aside for asking my guide?
Once mine arrived at the SC, I was contacted by an SC member rather than the guide.
Took about 4 weeks from Normal to El Segundo for me

Sponsored

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
I believe your guide is the only one who can tell you once it has made it to the SC. My guide told me this morning that my truck is at the SC but that at this point, he has no visibility to when it could be ready and to expect a call or something from the SC.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I believe your guide is the only one who can tell you once it has made it to the SC.
My local SC called me to tell me my truck had arrived and I actually told my guide I heard from the local SC. I think it just varies by guide and SC.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director