Sponsored

Rivian trademarks TANK TURN! Now with official video.

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
It dawned on me the other day that Rivian really missed the mark with this video. The audio could have been much better... So I pieced this together!

? Sound On ?

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
It dawned on me the other day that Rivian really missed the mark with this video. The audio could have been much better... So I pieced this together!

? Sound On ?

I would’ve gone with You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive... but I date myself.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I would’ve gone with You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive... but I date myself.
That would be PERFECT!

I just hope you don't still sport the hair...

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
That would be PERFECT!

I just hope you don't still sport the hair...
Could be worse when it comes to hair styles. I could’ve suggested “I Ran” by Flock of Seagulls.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Could be worse when it comes to hair styles. I could’ve suggested “I Ran” by Flock of Seagulls.
Every Flock of Seagulls reference ends up bringing me back to Pulp Fiction. If you're bored, you can just fast forward to the 2:55 mark. Still not sure how it failed to sweep the Oscar's that year. ?

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The tank turn was, um, a turning point in my desire for a Rivian. I thought the packaging, specs, and features were desirable but this really excited me. I doubt it will ever come in useful for us outside of a demo of what the vehicle can do so it isn’t the tank turn capability that got my attention. What won me over was that somewhere in this company some employee at some level thought something like, “We have a motor at each wheel that we can control unlike other production cars, what else could we do with that?” I want to buy from a company which promotes that kind of thinking.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

The tank turn was, um, a turning point in my desire for a Rivian. I thought the packaging, specs, and features were desirable but this really excited me. I doubt it will ever come in useful for us outside of a demo of what the vehicle can do so it isn’t the tank turn capability that got my attention. What won me over was that somewhere in this company some employee at some level thought something like, “We have a motor at each wheel that we can control unlike other production cars, what else could we do with that?” I want to buy from a company which promotes that kind of thinking.
I expect it to be useful at the many dead ends I hit on logging roads to at least potentially save me from Austin Powers scenarios:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian trademarks TANK TURN! Now with official video. maxresdefault

I cleared some space on my property a couple weeks ago to have a spot to do some controlled tests. I am wondering things like how tight a circle it can stay in, how it functions at different speeds, etc.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

bowhunter,
I cleared some space on my property a couple weeks ago to have a spot to do some controlled tests. I am wondering things like how tight a circle it can stay in, how it functions at different speeds, etc.
Like you I’d want to test on our land before trying it in a slot canyon or on a shelf road.
Sponsored