OP

ggreeneva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Digital communications
They're up with it on Insta too — presumably they agreed to hold this until a few hours after Pt. 2 of the Motor Trend exclusive went up …

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
This is getting me way pumped up, seeing all these articles and pictures. I've probably spent at least as much time playing on Google Earth and bookmarking bucket list locations this morning as I have spent working.

Question for someone smarter than me; these chevron markers between the darker ruts. Are these trail markers or something?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to Tell Its Own Tale from the Trans-America Trail 1631561246808

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
This is getting me way pumped up, seeing all these articles and pictures. I've probably spent at least as much time playing on Google Earth and bookmarking bucket list locations this morning as I have spent working.

Question for someone smarter than me; these chevron markers between the darker ruts. Are these trail markers or something?
1631561246808.png
Sure look like Rivian logos to me....

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
99% sure those are just route markers since it's such a popular trail and you could get in serious trouble if you pick the wrong line. (Not that all the tire scoring doesn't make the line pretty obvious in this case).

Sponsored

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer

1631561246808.png
They are trail markers painted on the rock. They let you know where the trail goes especially if there's a steep hill that you need to turn down. The trail is obvious in that picture but surprisingly the rock will often be clean in the spring before water jeep safari. Also less popular trails aren't nearly as obvious as hells revenge.

Party Mode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla x2
Occupation
Sales
Those markers are out in Moab in fins and things and hells revenge off roading park. Awesome place to go off-roading and very impressed the R1T made it look easy! They are trial makings, those diamond shape markings also mean it’s two direction traffic. Just one chevron would indicate one way that it points in.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to Tell Its Own Tale from the Trans-America Trail 8FA9578E-5B57-4ED6-AF52-35F34D9F90E1

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to Tell Its Own Tale from the Trans-America Trail 9EF50A0F-D44F-434D-821C-0CE76D4A1254

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to Tell Its Own Tale from the Trans-America Trail 70049669-5A38-4ADC-A574-4E2055FFE6C5

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
For those of us unaware of the trans america trail, what is the significance of this? I was hoping we would see more reviews from different publications.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Good catch!

“The four arrows in our directional logo symbolize the values and behaviors that inform every decision we make. The two outer arrows express our mission to make the world a better place through innovation and adventure. The two inner arrows represent our core desire to be inspiring and inviting to all.”

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
“The four arrows in our directional logo symbolize the values and behaviors that inform every decision we make. The two outer arrows express our mission to make the world a better place through innovation and adventure. The two inner arrows represent our core desire to be inspiring and inviting to all.”

I’m just happy for that trail they chose to skip the two inner arrows for left and right. Yikes!
Sponsored