Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
And what's lost between the lines is that they shut the line down for a week and alluded to COVID staffing issues as well recently, so the path from 160 to 200 wasn't easy.

As has been said, for the month January will almost surely be a drop from December, but then again, that's probably what this leak was about, to explain why but the takeaway being the go forward run rate is approaching an all time high.
manufacturing anything right now is an absolute shitshow. Between staffing and supply issues, it’s amazing they’re doing so well.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everyone is focusing on building 200 per week....we should be focusing on delivering 200 per week.

So how many R1T have been delivered to real customers???

Where are all the trucks they're building this month?
it’s hard to get trucks to put trucks on, it’s hard to get railcars…production is not the only bottleneck in manufacturing of anything right now.

Zach05855

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Rivian themselves had been setting expectations, at least since April of 2021, during the pandemic, about guides, then imminent delivery of some vehicles. Each and every time, to anyone following them, it was fairly obvious that there was virtually no chance they would make the dates they* were setting.

But yet, they kept the narrative, until the self imposed deadlines passed. Then, and usually only after the target date deadline had passed, would Rivian change the target dates once again.

Eventually the CEO had to send a mass email with a mea culpa to codify the concerned reservation holders. He stated that Rivian needed to do a better job communicating and said they would. Then they set more deadlines. Then once again, they started to change...until the IPO was about to become reality.

Now they have to be more transparent, sooner, because of the S1.

The argument isn't that a pandemic and supply chain disruption wouldn't have an impact. The frustration is in the fact it was obvious. But yet, the company told everyone it was full steam ahead, until it wasn't.

I do not think Rivian will get 10k trucks out to non-employee customers this year. I reserved an RT1 LE Nov 2018, have a March-April target date, and do not believe there is a chance I will receive a vehicle in that time. Maybe end of Summer. My guess is late fall of 2022 or late Spring 2023.

Go back through my post history, I've been saying they won't make for a while. I haven't been that far off as of yet. I wish it was because I was that smart or clairvoyant. I was just sharing basic observations and followed them to what seemed like a logical conclusion.

It came down to what the company said versus what happened and how many times they made claims they couldn't meet.

They are further behind then they care to admit, have been for a long time.

I want the truck, could do without the BS.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Go back through my post history, I've been saying they won't make for a while. I haven't been that far off as of yet. I wish it was because I was that smart or clairvoyant. I was just sharing basic observations and followed them to what seemed like a logical conclusion.
And you will continue to be right... until you aren't. ?‍♂

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
And you will continue to be right... until you aren't. ?‍♂

Sorry, not sure I understand your reply.

I am just commenting on what I have seen and how the company has historically handled it.

Rivian always had a choice on how to communicate. Nothing I have written, as far as I can tell, is untrue or was taken out of context.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Where are all the trucks they're building this month?
RJ posted a video of them about a week ago... all ~80 of them.
I'm only responding to your rhetorical question to bring me to my point. There is data that would indicate apx. 150 salable R1T's/ week in late December. While an additional 50 units isn't a big jump the article indicated it included modification to include R1S production in earnest. Another key point is that this ramp won't be strictly linear. Some weeks will see far fewer produced to facilitate even larger increases in the future. I still think Rivian will get to 1000/ week and fulfill all LE's AND non max packs from 2018 and early 2019 preorders in 2022. Then again I'm a Buffalo Bills fan sooo, there's that.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

To get to 150k run rate by end of 2023, they just need to double production rate 4x between now and then —or roughly once every 6 months. That doesn’t sound very extreme, and it sounds totally plausible based on the dates that have been given to preorder holders.

Based on that doubling every 6 months (bare minimum rate to hit their EoY 2023 run rate goal), they will produce a total of 15-16,000 R1s+vans by end of 2022 and 80k by end of 2023. That sounds in line with what we’ve told to date. However, since Rivian is due to deliver 10k vans this year, that only leaves about 6k R1s to make it through production.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
oh wow, a whole truckload!
So GM has delivered 1 truck of electric hummers huh? Isn’t it amazing what a company can do after it’s spent $50 billion worth of tax payer funded bailout dollars.
Sponsored