First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Sacagawea When exactly did you put your name on the list?

(also, not sure it's great math work, just my guesses at ramp up based on watching Tesla with the 3 and other big auto ramp ups)

Sorry...my post above was taken from another site I post at, so I didn't include all the info:

Short Answer: 8/2021

I've been given a delivery date by Rivian of Oct to Dec 2022

Longer Answer:

I've been watching Rivian since 2018? Wanted to put down a deposit day one, but held back (1000 is tougher than 100, especially for a new company with no track record). That said, I never put down a deposit on the Cybertrck as it's just wack. But to each his own.

I did put down 100 on a Lightning the minute it was shown on 5/19. I want an electric truck and the Lightning clicked a lot of boxes for me. I am (was, cancelled the lightning but that's a longer post) first at my dealership. After putting down that deposit I kept going back and forth and I just like the Rivian more. The size is better for me. It's more for off road vs work site, Etc. So I finally put down 1000 on the Rivian in August of last year. Hence the approx 40k ahead of me at the time.

It's all fine. Waiting a bit might work out best as come October I'll have a better feel on if Rivian is gonna survive :)

If not, I also have a day one reservation on the Chevy Silverado EV. Again, bigger than I like, but that back multi-gate is killer. And I have a Bolt EV now, so I'd likely get the best trade in from Chevy?

Ps. Rivian R2T needs to copy the Ford Frunk. So much more useful how the whole front opens so less lifting of objects up and over the front. Like the old VW bugs, all the front useable space.
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
200 per week = 10,400 per year. Not great news for those of us near the bottom of that waiting list (or anyone for that matter):angry:
Obviously this *should* increase over time, or I will just tell myself that is what will happen so I don't drive myself crazy.
I have July - September 2022 delivery date and fully expect that to end up being July 2023. They'll probably get through LE editions this year and that is it.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
For a company that debuted vehicles in Nov. 2018, the fact the R1S "still has some pre-production work to complete on the SUV" is really disappointing. For me, the fact an equally appealing (subjective) SUV hasn't come out from a competitor is the only basis for me to keep my reservation.
I've lost a lot of confidence in the leadership of Rivian over the last few months.
For a company that debuted prototypes in Nov 2018 and started physical production of the vehicles less than 9 months ago during COVID supply chain issues, and has pre-production work to complete on the SUV, their second vehicle, I'm really encouraged. It tells me the leadership has a focused plan to deliver a quality vehicle.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have July - September 2022 delivery date and fully expect that to end up being July 2023. They'll probably get through LE editions this year and that is it.
All joking aside I do believe they will find a way to keep increasing production this year. I hope for your sake that is true! If I had put in my reservation in 2018/ 19 like so many here, I would be going crazy.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
"IS RAMPING" => production isn't even at that point yet. When will it actually get to 200/week?
Semantics - that's not the way I read it. My read is that they plan to be operating at 200/week starting now. I supposed you could be pessimistic and assume this means they are starting at 50 now, and ramping to 200, increasing by 1 a week. I'm not a pessimist.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
200 a week * 52 weeks = 10,400. So you are predicting that they will never increase beyond 200 units a week for all of 2022? :rolleyes:
They haven’t hit 200 a week yet. That’s just the goal they are working toward right now. And January was mostly a bust for production. I’m obviously hoping they can drastically increase production but considering all the variables, that target still seems about right for the R1Ts.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
They haven’t hit 200 a week yet. That’s just the goal they are working toward right now. And January was mostly a bust for production. I’m obviously hoping they can drastically increase production but considering all the variables, that target still seems about right for the R1Ts.
And you know that they can't get to 200 relatively soon because..... you work there? You have an inside contact? Asking for a friend.....

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

200 a week * 52 weeks = 10,400. So you are predicting that they will never increase beyond 200 units a week for all of 2022? :rolleyes:
Don't be daft, he's predicting that they will actually regress to ~160 vehicles per week.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And you know that they can't get to 200 relatively soon because..... you work there? You have an inside contact? Asking for a friend.....
No of course I don't work there. It's just my personal prediction based on publicly available information tracking. I'm hoping im wrong and they do double that number. I want my truck.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The one thing we have going for us is being in SoCal. I don't know if they will hit September, but they can deliver a lot of trucks in batches here and it's a priority location for deliveries. So fingers crossed that helps.

Sponsored

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
For a company that debuted vehicles in Nov. 2018, the fact the R1S "still has some pre-production work to complete on the SUV" is really disappointing. For me, the fact an equally appealing (subjective) SUV hasn't come out from a competitor is the only basis for me to keep my reservation.
I've lost a lot of confidence in the leadership of Rivian over the last few months.
I'm not a Rivian apologist. They certainly should do better with communications, for example. And I wish I already had my R1T (come on March/April). But, losing faith in leadership at this point?

This is a company that has raised several billion dollars in private equity, logged the single largest order of EVs ever (100K EDVs from Amazon), launched three new models (one of which has won practically universal praise and a major industry award), built a plant, navigated an IPO that yielded over $13B in working capital, and secured an agreement with the state of GA to build a second factory - all since coming out of stealth in 2018...during a pandemic. I'm curious as to what your standards for "good management" really are? Yes, they are still working out some details on the R1S before starting to scale its production. That's what constitutes poor management? This seems like a perspective somewhat skewed by your personal disappointment that you won't be receiving your R1S in the next couple of months.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Semantics - that's not the way I read it. My read is that they plan to be operating at 200/week starting now. I supposed you could be pessimistic and assume this means they are starting at 50 now, and ramping to 200, increasing by 1 a week. I'm not a pessimist.
100% agree it’s semantics, but if they were already at 200/week I’m sure they would have tried to milk that and actually say “Rivian already producing at 200/week and will continue increasing that rate”.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In late December I predicted 8500 R1Ts manufactured in 2022 (and was ridiculed for it). The reporting in this article is consistent with what led me to that expectation.
To be fair, you predicted they would make *less than* 8,000 in all of 2022. Which, as others discussed is less than Rivian's annualized with this step. You also said they won't reach 30k per/year until year 3 of production.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/current-daily-production-rate.3316/post-85892

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I'm an LE R1S Mar-April'22. While I do want my vehicle badly, I MOSTLY want a quality vehicle. All those horror stories about Tesla quality have me nervous. While I believe RJ and the team assembled think very differently about production and quality (not an afterthought) I would much rather have a vehicle that's very high quality later, than a less than perfect vehicle sooner.

Willing to wait. It will be time, when it's time.
Sponsored