Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Having done plenty of production ramp (from an office work/factory management perspective), this 200/wk is just a step, and probably not at FP yet. If they're able to hit 200 wk, they will just build more as the mfg, assembly, and QA steps get more in sync.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This is a bit misleading, if you watch the actual interview he was ambivalent. He said all options are on table at the end.
That is just a blanket open ended disclaimer for future (near term and distant) so they are not locked into a position. They said the same thing when they were talking about a joint project with Rivian when they dropped the Lincoln plans.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

50 to 200 a week is a really nice increase. I am sure this is only the beginning and these numbers where put into our estimates provided before the new year.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It's progress, but I'm a bit concerned that I still won't get my R1T by December.

Sponsored

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
For a company that debuted vehicles in Nov. 2018, the fact the R1S "still has some pre-production work to complete on the SUV" is really disappointing. For me, the fact an equally appealing (subjective) SUV hasn't come out from a competitor is the only basis for me to keep my reservation.
I've lost a lot of confidence in the leadership of Rivian over the last few months.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
In late December I predicted 8500 R1Ts manufactured in 2022 (and was ridiculed for it). The reporting in this article is consistent with what led me to that expectation.
That number basically just annualized where they were last reported to be in late December. And so now, you're sticking to that prediction even if they are nearing an annual rate of 10k as of late January (and haven't started the R1S yet)? So, your basis is that the rest of the year on average is going to be worse than they are right now? I'm all for conservatism, but that seems a bit much.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That number basically just annualized where they were last reported to be in late December. And so now, you're sticking to that prediction even if they are nearing an annual rate of 10k as of late January (and haven't started the R1S yet)? So, your basis is that the rest of the year on average is going to be worse than they are right now? I'm all for conservatism, but that seems a bit much.
Yep. Taking everything in to consideration I think that's about where they will land. We'll see in December.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Yes. A month ago I wrote this on another Rivian forum:

"My assumption, based on limited information, is that there were probably around 40k reservations when I ordered. Lets say 10-15k are R1S? We know R1S are slow roll out compared to R1T.

So 25-30K reservations before me. Now count out Max packs (stated at 20% of orders), approx 5K off from in front of me. So 20-25K ahead. Now substract 10-30% for no purchase (maybe they are waiting, buying a Lightning or other), so 1500 to 9000 off that.

Production (as of Dec 2021): Figure 100 a week for a bit, then doubled in a few months, then doubled again.

So 400 in Jan, 600 in Feb, 1000 in March, 1500 in April, hits a snag and 1500 again in May, 2000 in June, 2500 in July, 3000 in Aug and sticks at 1000 a week for a bit: 4000 in Sept, Oct, Nov.

So I would get an R1T (being "corrected" from 40k to 20k) in Oct...and leeway gives till Dec. Hence my Oct-Dec 2022 delivery. Math!

Of course all just my speculation."

So 800 a month in Jan is double what I expected, so yay!
With all this great math work, there is one factor I didn't see in your equation. When exactly did you put your name on the list?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
For a company that debuted vehicles in Nov. 2018, the fact the R1S "still has some pre-production work to complete on the SUV" is really disappointing. For me, the fact an equally appealing (subjective) SUV hasn't come out from a competitor is the only basis for me to keep my reservation.
I've lost a lot of confidence in the leadership of Rivian over the last few months.
consider that their factory wasn’t online until 2019, followed directly by a global pandemic of an incurable respiratory virus… they’re doing pretty good.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
OP
OP
Redline

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

consider that their factory wasn’t online until 2019, followed directly by a global pandemic of an incurable respiratory virus… they’re doing pretty good.
x100

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
In late December I predicted 8500 R1Ts manufactured in 2022 (and was ridiculed for it). The reporting in this article is consistent with what led me to that expectation.
200 a week * 52 weeks = 10,400. So you are predicting that they will never increase beyond 200 units a week for all of 2022? :rolleyes:

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
My best guess is that they are re-designing the seating configuration to allow for an extended range battery pack with 3-rows. There as an update from Rivian awhile back that they made the change based on overwhelming customer feedback. I would still give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the R1S considering that they are actually trying to make a "better" option for people that want a long-range model that can also haul a large family.
Sponsored