Sponsored

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
Signed the BINDING CONTRACT to keep eligible for the transitional credit. Kudos to Rivian for getting. it. done.
Sponsored

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
Rivian has just released an email offering its order holders an option to execute a written Binding Contract to Purchase.

Sponsored

cody

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SUV
Hi all, apologies for the basic question, but if I were interested in doing a reservation for an R1S say today, does it make sense to do so if I'm trying to preserve for possibility of getting the tax credit?
I was wondering the same earlier today, and I think it makes a lot of sense to do so. From the link @danruss shared above (https://rivian.com/support/article/...t-impact-my-eligibility-for-the-electric-vehi):

"For new customers who’d like to sign one of these binding agreements, you must first place a reservation for an R1T or R1S. From there, new reservation holders will receive an email with instructions on how to review and sign your binding agreement."

I agree with everyone else, thanks to Rivian for moving quickly on this.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Easiest $100 I've ever spent!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jac

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Feels good to not have to think about removing options, accessories...etc.... now back to being frustrated by the lack of R1s activity

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Did the form actually work? Do you get a confirmation? It just goes back to the same form in a loop.

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Did the form actually work? Do you get a confirmation? It just goes back to the same form in a loop.
You should have gotten a confirmation screen to download PDF to wet sign for tax filing.

Sponsored

midwestchill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (anticipated)
Hi guys,
first time poster. I placed an R1S originally in 9/2021, I haven't gotten an email. I was one of the people who called/cancelled when they increased the prices. Have anyone like me received an email? on the website it says "For customers with reinstated orders or pending deposits, we'll be contacting you soon." I did place another order for my wife last month and I got an email for that one. Just not the original one. Wondering if I can use the same link or somehow if they are unique.

Husker Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, Mercedes GLE350, Acura RDX, Gonna
I think the enactment of the new bill will be for Jan 1, 2023. SO if we can get delivery or a binding purchase order (apparently PBA isn't good enough) before the end of the year we would fall under the transitional EV credit. If Rivian is working on it now we should be all taken care of...
No, I read the Bill, and there is no provision for delaying the effective date of the Act - it becomes effective as soon as Biden signs it.

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
No, I read the Bill, and there is no provision for delaying the effective date of the Act - it becomes effective as soon as Biden signs it.
Ya I figured that out. Luckily Rivian sent this new binding purchase agreement out in time and I have signed and saved it. So... in theory we should be all good now...

ewcanes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Is this even useful for those with Dual Motor reservations that won't see a vehicle till 2024? Will this only help for 2023 deliveries? Seen conflicting things on the delivery dates.

Husker Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, Mercedes GLE350, Acura RDX, Gonna
I don't think we know yet, but you can try. Worse case it's refundable. However it it doesn't actually deliver until 2024, you won't get the credit.
I keep seeing this assertion that you have to take delivery before 2024 or you don't qualify for the old tax credit, but I read the Bill and I didn't see that in there. The "Transitional Rule" just says that as long as you have a BPA before the Act becomes effective, you are eligible for the old tax credit for a vehicle placed "in service on or after the date of enactment of this Act" - no delivery date limitation. What am I missing??

(People can sometimes read questions like this as being snarky, but I genuinely want to know if I've overlooked something)
Sponsored

Last edited: