Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Don't think anybody can answer the first part based on lack of any firm details from Rivian.

If you purchase the camp kitchen with the truck, it counts toward MSRP just like the max pack, etc.
There is another thread where someone posted a screen shot of his Monroney and none of the accessories he ordered were included on it. So, at this point, I think the answer is it may or may not be part of the vehicle's listed MSRP
Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
There is another thread where someone posted a screen shot of his Monroney and none of the accessories he ordered were included on it. So, at this point, I think the answer is it may or may not be part of the vehicle's listed MSRP
Good for states that charge a yearly use tax based on base MSRP book value (IE: WA). Tesla did that with early Teslas (Plaid was a $40,000 option)

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Finally read through this whole thread...I shouldn't be surprised that it blew up in the past hour...

Did anyone else read the CS response of "interested preorder holders and customers..." phrase and wonder if we have to explicitly reach out to CS to get on a list or if Rivian would blanket send out an invite to everyone?

All I can say is that if they need to get through 80k+ PBAs in 4 days (House said they would take up the bill on Friday), I hope there is a lot of automation.

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wonder if they'll offer to just convert our $1000 to the binding agreement? That's a steep price, but I'm in either way. (Fisker was $250 IIRC)
If they do hopefully the process won't be difficult for those like me who cancelled after the March price increase and then reinstated. I asked Rivian a bunch of times about charging me the $1000 again and they said they will get to it at some point then just told me that they don't plan on charging it again.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I thought about it the same exact way for years, until someone cleared it up for me on this forum. I had plans to reduce withholding, etc in order to claim the credit. It was quite a while ago but someone cleared it up for me too.
That's actually a valid strategy for being able to take advantage of it early instead of a refund at the end of the tax year. As long as you don't overshoot and owe, then there could be underpayment penalties.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Finally read through this whole thread...I shouldn't be surprised that it blew up in the past hour...

Did anyone else read the CS response of "interested preorder holders and customers..." phrase and wonder if we have to explicitly reach out to CS to get on a list or if Rivian would blanket send out an invite to everyone?

All I can say is that if they need to get through 80k+ PBAs in 4 days (House said they would take up the bill on Friday), I hope there is a lot of automation.
I specifically asked if it was an opt in situation and was told they don’t have any further information right now. They’re still working on it.

It sounds like it’s a blanket answer until they figure it out. They better move fast..

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It appears Rivian will be implementing binding purchase agreements for interested parties. No other relevant information was contained in the email.

57104.jpg
Tony saves the day!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It appears Rivian will be implementing binding purchase agreements for interested parties. No other relevant information was contained in the email.

57104.jpg
When is your delivery window?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Thanks for sharing and this is EXACTLY what I was hoping RIVIAN was going to do.

Great job RIVIAN team for being proactive and working towards a resolution that is mutually beneficial.

Also, still waiting for a reply after my impassioned and well written email outlining all the steps you could take to save our collective bacon, but I'm not going to make this about me.

nope.

:)
They're too busy delivering vehicles.

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
So if my build out is less than $80k and adjusted joint income is less than $300k, I don't really care about this BPA correct?

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So if my build out is less than $80k and adjusted joint income is less than $300k, I don't really care about this BPA correct?
Except for the % battery material sourcing provision.
As currently written, no vehicles would be eligible starting in 2024. Depending on how one reads the current text and how it gets implemented, could be that it applies earlier.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This has to be a full pre order outreach...

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
There's no indication the ruling has to be VIN or Vehicle specific. Other than to purchase a vehicle. We'll see though.
Agreed. There seemed to be an open question re: Rivian locking you into a spec. I propose Rivian doesn't need to lock the spec, only have you lock and commit to a minimum config - "base model" for example. It can't have anything to do with VIN or specific vehicle.
Sponsored