Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Via: https://www.wjbc.com/2020/12/07/rivian-to-lease-500000-square-feet-of-warehouse-space-in-normal/

Rivian to lease 500,000 square feet of warehouse space in Normal

December 7, 2020

NORMAL – Rivian has reached an agreement with an affiliate of Phoenix Investors to lease 500,000 square feet of warehouse space at North Main Street and Kerrick Road in Normal.

The site has remained vacant since construction halted in 2008 and the electric automaker plans to use the facility for inbound logistics and parts receiving, according to a news release Monday.

Rivian will take possession of the facility beginning in March 2021 and then complete interior preparation to support the start of vehicle production in summer 2021.

“We appreciate the investment Rivian is making in the Town of Normal. The economic benefits of their work ripples throughout the county, Central Illinois and beyond,” said Normal Mayor Chris Koos. “We also recognize and appreciate the commitment of Phoenix Investors in creating a facility to meet Rivian’s needs.”

Rivian will produce its all-electric R1T and R1S models and its electric delivery vans for Amazon at its production facility in Normal, roughly six miles west of the Kerrick Road warehouse site.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
Via: https://www.wjbc.com/2020/12/07/rivian-to-lease-500000-square-feet-of-warehouse-space-in-normal/

Rivian to lease 500,000 square feet of warehouse space in Normal

December 7, 2020

NORMAL – Rivian has reached an agreement with an affiliate of Phoenix Investors to lease 500,000 square feet of warehouse space at North Main Street and Kerrick Road in Normal.

The site has remained vacant since construction halted in 2008 and the electric automaker plans to use the facility for inbound logistics and parts receiving, according to a news release Monday.

Rivian will take possession of the facility beginning in March 2021 and then complete interior preparation to support the start of vehicle production in summer 2021.

“We appreciate the investment Rivian is making in the Town of Normal. The economic benefits of their work ripples throughout the county, Central Illinois and beyond,” said Normal Mayor Chris Koos. “We also recognize and appreciate the commitment of Phoenix Investors in creating a facility to meet Rivian’s needs.”

Rivian will produce its all-electric R1T and R1S models and its electric delivery vans for Amazon at its production facility in Normal, roughly six miles west of the Kerrick Road warehouse site.
Since Michigan may not allow me to purchase my RIT in my own state, I'm hoping that I will be able to pick it up in Normal IL. If I could do that at this location, it would be best for me because it is only a three mile walk north from the Amtrak station on Constitution Trail.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Since Michigan may not allow me to purchase my RIT in my own state, I'm hoping that I will be able to pick it up in Normal IL. If I could do that at this location, it would be best for me because it is only a three mile walk north from the Amtrak station on Constitution Trail.
Since the article mentions using the warehouse space for inbound parts, doubtful they would be using it for vehicle delivery. I'm sure it's a very short/cheap Uber from the Amtrak station to anywhere in Normal if it proves too far to walk.

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
Since the article mentions using the warehouse space for inbound parts, doubtful they would be using it for vehicle delivery. I'm sure it's a very short/cheap Uber from the Amtrak station to anywhere in Normal if it proves too far to walk.
The walk is about the same distance to the factory but part of the trip is on roadways without sidewalks. I just thought that walking on the trail would be more pleasant.

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
The walk is about the same distance to the factory but part of the trip is on roadways without sidewalks. I just thought that walking on the trail would be more pleasant.
No bigs! Just a delightful game of frogger. Gets that heart rate up! You get a new ride and a workout!
Sponsored