RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Layoffs from a startup that doubled staffing in the just past year? Color me surprised.

Reactions: Guy
OP
OP
Redline

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yeah, not too shocking.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The guides seem like a good place to start. Maybe I just got unlucky in my assignment but can't say that mine's facilitated much of anything on his own.
My guide has been very responsive and usually will answer my emails within an hour of sending them (during normal business hours).

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
My guide has been very responsive and usually will answer my emails within an hour of sending them (during normal business hours).
I would agree. My guide has been amazing. Answered all my questions thoroughly, timely, and went above and beyond securing my R1T. I can imagine going through the purchase process without one

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Not surprising. Hope everyone that is affected can find a new job quickly.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

The guides seem like a good place to start. Maybe I just got unlucky in my assignment but can't say that mine's facilitated much of anything on his own.
I think the communications department. That would take care of at least one employee.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

You are able to verify that?

Not surprising to have mass hiring and then layoffs at a startup. Sucks for the people getting laid off but hope they find work quickly.
Was touched on during their last quarterly shareholders report. RJ talked about how, due to supply chain constraints, they had to constantly start and stop the assembly line as parts came in, then ran out, only operating at 30 hours a week.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Was touched on during their last quarterly shareholders report. RJ talked about how, due to supply chain constraints, they had to constantly start and stop the assembly line as parts came in, then ran out, only operating at 30 hours a week.
I think that number has been taken out of context. If they are only fully operating 30 hours a week then that would imply they they are making at least 10 vehicles an hour which seems really high.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

gpellerin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure, Mazda Cx5,
Occupation
Consulting
I take this as a good sign. They are recognizing their fluctuating needs and making appropriate changes...the sign of a data-driven, mature company. I agree that it sucks for those affected, and I hope they find work quickly, but overall it means Rivian is making sound decisions based on need.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Same, my guide has been great.
Sponsored