Sponsored

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
Earlier this week I noticed that the air compressor kit was no longer showing up in the configurator. I checked my build today and noticed that it was not listed on there either even though I had previously added it to my configuration. I contacted CS and they responded with the email below.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to Include Air Compressor Kit With All Vehicles (Confirmed by Customer Service) Screenshot_20210723-125337

This is a great bit of news! As a reminder, here is what Rivian says about the kit.

What’s included with the Air Compressor Accessories Kit?
This kit includes a 20-foot hose that extends to all four wheels, a quick-connect nozzle and adapters to fill up your bicycle tires, rafts and other gear. In the R1T, this kit stows conveniently in the the gear tunnel door compartment. In the R1S, it stows in the subfloor storage in the cargo area.

Specs

• 20 foot hose with Velcro strap
  • Air Chuck + Male Universal Quick Connect
  • Inflation Needle
  • Ball Needle
  • Presta/Schrader adapter

So if you didn't have the kit in your build then enjoy the "free" gift! If you did have it then enjoy the $60 off your Rivian!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RforRivian

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
I guess this is our info/news release for the week. ?‍♂

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Earlier this week I noticed that the air compressor kit was no longer showing up in the configurator. I checked my build today and noticed that it was not listed on there either even though I had previously added it to my configuration. I contacted CS and they responded with the email below.

Screenshot_20210723-125337.jpg

This is a great bit of news! As a reminder, here is what Rivian says about the kit.

What’s included with the Air Compressor Accessories Kit?
This kit includes a 20-foot hose that extends to all four wheels, a quick-connect nozzle and adapters to fill up your bicycle tires, rafts and other gear. In the R1T, this kit stows conveniently in the the gear tunnel door compartment. In the R1S, it stows in the subfloor storage in the cargo area.

Specs

• 20 foot hose with Velcro strap
  • Air Chuck + Male Universal Quick Connect
  • Inflation Needle
  • Ball Needle
  • Presta/Schrader adapter

So if you didn't have the kit in your build then enjoy the "free" gift! If you did have it then enjoy the $60 off your Rivian!

sweet

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Not really, this was talked about a while back.

I thought that was simply the air compressor which was part of the adventure pack and not standard, this is the actual KIT as well which I know for a fact I added to my configuration but now its included which is awesome.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
@RforRivian thanks for sharing the feedback from CS. I had noticed it had disappeared from the configurator, now I know why.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

I've been very pleased with the price/accessories over the last few months here and I don't think they get enough credit for it (probably because they aren't talking about it)
  • Have not increased the overall price when others have
  • Made the 2k off road upgrade optional on Adventure/LE
  • Added Air Compressor to Explore (free)
  • Added the Air Compressor Kit to all (free)
  • Included Snow Peak to Camp Kitchen without an increase
  • Generally priced accessories at or below market where there's a comparable (camp kitchen/ gear shuttle have no comps)

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
This is awesome news! This is one of the few add-ons I was going to opt for

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I noticed my purchase price changed when I logged in today, but I couldn't figure out why. Now I know!

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Now if they would just do the same with the optional spare tire! :)
I was originally going to skip it. But I've had some massive flat tired anxiety (and a false TPMS warning light) while out on forest service roads without a spare lately. My feelings on a spare not being included for a vehicle billed as being an "adventure" vehicle have absolutely flipped. lol.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
I've been very pleased with the price/accessories over the last few months here and I don't think they get enough credit for it (probably because they aren't talking about it)
  • Have not increased the overall price when others have
  • Made the 2k off road upgrade optional on Adventure/LE
  • Added Air Compressor to Explore (free)
  • Added the Air Compressor Kit to all (free)
  • Included Snow Peak to Camp Kitchen without an increase
  • Generally priced accessories at or below market where there's a comparable (camp kitchen/ gear shuttle have no comps)
I've made the same observation. I've checked around on some of the accessories (tent, emergency kit, etc) fully expecting a huge price increase over buying the same brands myself. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of them are priced the same or even a little lower. That was quite refreshing!