Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Even adding the 180kw option to the Launch Editions would be a nice touch given the delays ...
Heck, I'd even settle for an announcement of just how big of a battery they're actually going to be able to offer in the R1S, including production range numbers.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I've made the same observation. I've checked around on some of the accessories (tent, emergency kit, etc) fully expecting a huge price increase over buying the same brands myself. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of them are priced the same or even a little lower. That was quite refreshing!
I wonder if accessories won‘t cost more if bought afterwards. As you said, they’re very well priced in the configurator

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if accessories won‘t cost more if bought afterwards. As you said, they’re very well priced in the configurator
Not sure about all options but on example is the charger. 500 when purchased with the vehicle, 700 if purchased after.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Now if they would just do the same with the optional spare tire! :)
I made the same comment to Rivian CS and they said they would submit that as a request.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It sure would be nice if they would email their "customers" when they make these configuration changers.

Naw, its not like they promised to communicate better or anything...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It sure would be nice if they would email their "customers" when they make these configuration changers.
Twitter is not enough for you?

You would think they would get word out quickly on free stuff though, and using multimodal channels (including email).

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired

You would think they would get word out quickly on free stuff though, and using multimodal channels (including email).
Not everyone "Tweets". But I agree, I'm surprised Rivian isn't using more of the free social media outlets to inform people. I'm thoroughly surprised Facebook and e-mails hasn't spammed the tweeted messages.

Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60

More about customer service and giving a personal touch. They know who had it configured.

I do have a twitter account. I do not have the app on my phone. They will send out 'updates' on what I 'missed' days later. So, I will usually hear about that tweet by other means first. Too many social media 'things' now-a-days. I really liked the Stories' approach. Wish they would use it more.
For that matter, they should start up their own 'adventure' social media platform!!! :)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
More about customer service and giving a personal touch. They know who had it configured.

I do have a twitter account. I do not have the app on my phone. They will send out 'updates' on what I 'missed' days later. So, I will usually hear about that tweet by other means first. Too many social media 'things' now-a-days. I really liked the Stories' approach. Wish they would use it more.
For that matter, they should start up their own 'adventure' social media platform!!! :)
The Twitter comment was totally tongue in cheek, BTW, which happens in a lot (most?) of my posts.

I actually totally agree with you. I've had Twitter for years, but rarely used it until Rivian; now I have it on my phone & have it set to notify me when either Rivian or RJ tweet.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Since it seems like launching a Rivian app would be largely separate from vehicle production and not subject to material constraints they could launch the app for preorder holders. Within said app could have a notifications function where they could communicate with their customers (on such items as "All R1's now equipped with the air compressor accessory kit as standard equipment". This would also allow them to "beta" test the app slightly ahead of the vehicles which would also seem prudent.
Had they hired @kanundrum and @bowhunter as they should have this would already be done.
And if @DuckTruck was in charge of "unconventional testing" he would already have at least 3 stories of novel uses for the now included accessory kit.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

And if @DuckTruck was in charge of "unconventional testing" he would already have at least 3 stories of novel uses for the now included accessory kit.
I've got some ideas. Compressor hose = Dog leash?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
now I have it on my phone & have it set to notify me when either Rivian or RJ tweet.
From the guy laughing at OCD comments in the other thread…. ?
Sponsored