Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This is exactly the sort of management distraction that Rivian does not need. It means you have a team working on renewable energy, submitting permits, getting CEO sign off on the project, getting financing through CFO and treasury, integrating it into the plant power system which means chewing up plant management time, and a host of other stuff.

This is big company nonsense. I agree with @BPL Rivian cannot afford to chase its tail on this sort of nice-to-have distraction.
Wow - I really think you are over thinking this. They use a crazy amount of energy that this can offset.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Nice optics, but I tend to agree with those suggesting it should be all hands on deck pitching in helping build vehicles (to whatever extent they can) or contributing to rectifying build issues (tonneau, vampire drain, etc..).

On the other hand.. if they are only running the line 30hrs a week ostensibly due to supply chain constraints, maybe plenty of idle time for feel good projects like a windmill or coy pond.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
word on the street is with the new turbine s00n they can increase the production line operation time from 30 hours a week to 30 hours and 12 minutes a week.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
People do realize that there is a whole team of people whose job is to manage and maintain the facilities. That includes projects like this to help control costs.

Not everyone at a company is responsible for designing and building the vehicles.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
This is exactly the sort of management distraction that Rivian does not need. It means you have a team working on renewable energy, submitting permits, getting CEO sign off on the project, getting financing through CFO and treasury, integrating it into the plant power system which means chewing up plant management time, and a host of other stuff.

This is big company nonsense. I agree with @BPL Rivian cannot afford to chase its tail on this sort of nice-to-have distraction.
I'd like it if they worked on the wind coming in around my doors,
Sponsored