First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I know there are a ton of posts on here about how long it's taken to get the title and license plate. I just wanted to report my time because positive experiences don't really get their own thread. I submitted all the required paperwork when I first got the truck, and made sure my insurance was good for enough time. I got my title and plate within 60 days, so I still have 30 days left on my temp plate.

Obviously I put my real plate on, but 60 days wasn't too bad. They still have a ways to go from the dealers, those guys seem to get it done within a month but I didn't have any major issues with the process to report.
Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I got my WV title and plate in 45 days, faster than I anticipated.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I assume living in one of the states where Rivian sends the “self registration” packet would mean getting everything without delay since I will have to go down to the DMV myself? :asshat:

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I assume living in one of the states where Rivian sends the “self registration” packet would mean getting everything without delay since I will have to go down to the DMV myself? :asshat:
That's the best option. You'll get the license plate and registration immediately and save some Rivian processing fees.

Sponsored

mikysee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Clubs

I'm on 60 days and still waiting. First they told me 10/25, then 11/7, but still nothing...

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I would like to bring some positive vibes as well. Got my license plates in less than a month after taking delivery! It went great!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That's the best option. You'll get the license plate and registration immediately and save some Rivian processing fees.
It’s about time someone made it a positive to visit the DMV.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
I know there are a ton of posts on here about how long it's taken to get the title and license plate. I just wanted to report my time because positive experiences don't really get their own thread. I submitted all the required paperwork when I first got the truck, and made sure my insurance was good for enough time. I got my title and plate within 60 days, so I still have 30 days left on my temp plate.

Obviously I put my real plate on, but 60 days wasn't too bad. They still have a ways to go from the dealers, those guys seem to get it done within a month but I didn't have any major issues with the process to report.
I'm in the same boat as you...license plate came within 60-days and no horror stories here or glitches!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I received my plates in 3ish weeks. I don't remember exactly.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They seemed to have ironed out the California process. Picked up R1S on 1/26/2023, plates came in the mail on 2/2/23 and title came in the mail on 2/6/23
Sponsored