Tony
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I watched it live. I was cautiously optimistic that they saw so many LG configurations. Also, slightly encouraging that they saw many finished vehicles in a staging area.

Diddy123

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Damn, so 7200 a month out the gate? That's badass. I might have to upgrade to the max pack so I have more time to get a big enough down payment I can be happy with.
No. Closer to 3K per month as a best case scenario. 160/day x 20 work days = 3,200. Given it's a brand new line, there will be additional down times, so ~3,000.

I'm hopeful that they can start operating at that pace by the beginning of November, which means they could theoretically produce around 6,000 by the end of the year. It's aggressive but not impossible.

koersontap

Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Right at the start, they're showing one on the assembly line. Looks like some badge on the front fender? What's this?
1634237184977.png

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Right at the start, they're showing one on the assembly line. Looks like some badge on the front fender? What's this?
1634237184977.png

FR - Front Right

Scoiatael

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
No. Closer to 3K per month as a best case scenario. 160/day x 20 work days = 3,200. Given it's a brand new line, there will be additional down times, so ~3,000.

I'm hopeful that they can start operating at that pace by the beginning of November, which means they could theoretically produce around 6,000 by the end of the year. It's aggressive but not impossible.
Hopefully they can achieve that. Even with 3k per month, that would only be 36k cars next year. 12k short of the 48k September pre-order number.

Diddy123

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Hopefully they can achieve that. Even with 3k per month, that would only be 36k cars next year. 12k short of the 48k September pre-order number.
I expect them to ramp up to a higher throughput early next year.

Also, there will be some pre-orders that don't convert to actual sales. Historically that's been around 30% based on some Tesla estimates. So 36K could still potentially cover all pre-orders...maybe.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicles
Ram Promaster
Occupation
Engineer
I am loving the optimism here.

Best case with 11 weeks left in the year. Take a couple weeks out for downtime, holidays and R1S introduction if you believe everything in the video

9 weeks at 800 a week gets us to ~6000-7000 R1s by the end of the year.. I would be impressed.

I think if they did that service, logistics would quickly become the bottleneck.

Advertisement

Advertisement