tcsm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Hyundai Kona Electric
Hi,
We have had our R1T for 3 weeks now, and Rivian has still not contacted our finance company for payment. They have collected the non finance piece.

My finance is due to expire in 5 days and I don’t want to loose my interest rate and reapply.
Our guide was informed 2 weeks ago and was going to follow up with finance but still nothing.

Anyone else had experience with this?
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Honestly surprised they delivered the car, maybe things have changed. I had to overnight a check and upload a photo of it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I did the ACH option and it hit my account the next morning.

R1TYarbrough

First Name
Tanya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
VP Operations for Homebuilder
Yes! I'm glad I saw this! I had a Tesla Y trade-in, but did take a car loan for the balance owed on my R1T. A few days prior to the delivery I contacted my guide, panicked because they had not sent USAA (car loan company) the "Dealer Funding Request." He told me not to worry, because they would send it the day of or day after delivery and have dealt with USAA many times.

Due to your post I checked and my car loan offer expires on Wednesday. Rivian still hasn't contact USAA for the funds. I just sent my guide an email and will get on the phone Tuesday to push the issue. I'll also call USAA and ask about an extension with my existing interest rate, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tcsm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes! I'm glad I saw this! I had a Tesla Y trade-in, but did take a car loan for the balance owed on my R1T. A few days prior to the delivery I contacted my guide, panicked because they had not sent USAA (car loan company) the "Dealer Funding Request." He told me not to worry, because they would send it the day of or day after delivery and have dealt with USAA many times.

Due to your post I checked and my car loan offer expires on Wednesday. Rivian still hasn't contact USAA for the funds. I just sent my guide an email and will get on the phone Tuesday to push the issue. I'll also call USAA and ask about an extension with my existing interest rate, etc.
Hopefully they get it sorted…..or a free R1T?

OP
OP

tcsm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Also my remaining financing is with USAA!

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
That’s a crazy piss poor business practice. RJ’s team has some real gems. Invest with confidence? Hoping it works out smoothly for you guys.

OP
OP

tcsm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s a crazy piss poor business practice. RJ’s team has some real gems. Invest with confidence? Hoping it works out smoothly for you guys.
Definitely a miss somewhere, wondering if maybe it’s just the process USAA uses, and it’s a process Rivian is missing. There is at least two of us in the same issue, both using USAA. I suspect there is more.

I’m going to see what I can get done via twitter, but not confident.

R1TYarbrough

First Name
Tanya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
I haven’t heard back from my Guide, but I didn’t expect to over the holiday weekend.

I plan to call USAA tomorrow. They tend to have their act together so hopefully they will either extend the loan conditions for a couple of weeks or connect with Rivian to force the “dealer funding request” to happen. Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Definitely a miss somewhere, wondering if maybe it’s just the process USAA uses, and it’s a process Rivian is missing. There is at least two of us in the same issue, both using USAA. I suspect there is more.

I’m going to see what I can get done via twitter, but not confident.
I used USAA for my transaction in March and had to multiply pester my guide to get the Rivian financial department to send the funding request. I emailed the form to both my guide and general support address asking for it to be forwarded to finance department. In my several phone calls with USAA, it was apparent that Rivian hadn’t sent the form over despite telling me it was taken care of. One of the nice people at USAA offered to call Rivian and help sort it out so I also gave them the contact information. Ultimately, everything got done in time but it was down to the wire.

USAA is very reasonable and will hopefully grant you leniency in this situation. Not that I’m recommending this, but it’d be interesting to see what happens if you just don’t pay. I wonder how long it would take them to catch on. Most companies are eager to get their hands on the funds.

Morpheus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3MR, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Servant Leader
Weird, they wanted a copy of my check and tracking number...

R1TYarbrough

First Name
Tanya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Update: Emailed my guide on Friday to let them know they needed to collect payment.

I”ve talked to USAA this morning. They sent me to someone in loan origination. She confirmed that Rivian has not reached out yet. She said they will not extend the loan, but that I have a little more time. Even though the loan expires on 7/7, my first payment date is 7/15 so as long as they receive it then I’m good. They need the request for funding AND the title application.

While I was on the phone with USAA, my guide emailed and said: “Good morning, I will contact the payment team now. Thank you for letting me know.”

Hopefully me telling the guide that the money won’t be there after 7/7 moves it up to a higher priority.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y

@R1TYarbrough so I'm going through the trade in process now for my model y and I'm curious how much Rivian offered you, if you wanted to even ballpark it. Mine is a 2020 with 21k miles on it, FSD. Carvana is giving me $65k, but curious if Rivian will come close to that.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
@R1TYarbrough and @martinb8

I'm about to go through this with USAA too. Glad I saw this so I can hopefully get out in front of it.

Does USAA fund via ACH, Check or wire?
Sponsored