Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service / Remote Care - Official Info Release! tenor-2

Rivian's PR Team meeting today after clicking send on their Service Update email and shutting their laptops...
Sponsored

Last edited:

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
Is anyone else concerned about the limited number of body shops and service centers across the country? And why haven’t we seen a map yet? This is important info unless you’re in LA, Chicago or NYC...

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
Is anyone else concerned about the limited number of body shops and service centers across the country? And why haven’t we seen a map yet? This is important info unless you’re in LA, Chicago or NYC...
Yep, might have to settle for a F150 Hybrid if I get too nervous.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
And the 180-degree tailgate with foot pegs. At this late date it's certainly a misleading photo.
Every manufacturer uses pre-production vehicles in their promo materials.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not really.

Aluminum in car bodies is commonplace. Even many ICE vehicles have aluminum body panels.

And there are enough EVs out there that body shops should be quite familiar with the safety precautions.

Maybe not every body shop will sign up to access the Rivian bodyshop manual, but enough will. And if you need body work, Rivian can help you locate a shop -- It's in everyone's interest.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
What I hope is they let you see REAL info about any issues in their app. Tesla's info is basically just a giant idiot light. It tells you only the minimum of information about what is wrong. Besides tire pressures issues it basically only tells you to either pull over right away or to contact Tesla service. I really want some level of information I can make a decision with. Not that I am likely to try to fix it myself (messing around with 400V DC is NOT my idea of fun or smart) but I think I can generally deduce the severity and urgency of an issue, if I have access to the information (which I consider MY information since it comes from a car I bought).
I don't need huge details on my dash, but through the app I think I should be able to see whether the issue is with the charging system or the infotainment system or whatever. If for no other reason so I am not worried about what's wrong.
My Tesla was one of the early ones built and whenever I had one of these "contact Tesla Service" messages I would worry about what could possibly be wrong with this giant, high voltage battery on wheels until I could get the Rangers out to look at it. You know they are pulling all kinds of metrics off these vehicles, so if it's that the A/C is cooling too slowly, just tell me.
OK, time for me to put the soapbox back in the closet...

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Not really sure this information release provides much new, over an above what was already on the support site. I would really like to know the 40 service center locations, since that is likely where parts will be inventoried, and will also be where my vehicle needs to go if any major repairs are needed.
Amazon has a little over 100 warehouses in the US. One happens to be in a city near me, but I suspect the vast majority of people don't care where they are when they want something from Amazon. Why would I care where Rivian's service centers are other than a curiosity since *they* are the ones that will take care of it from my-driveway to my-driveway?

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Are you certain that's not the Lordstown Endurance on it's first journey?
This is what some call the thermal management system. Rivian touts theirs all the time. However, Rivian's is not nearly as cool. It's completely invisible to your average pedestrian.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This is what some call the thermal management system. Rivian touts theirs all the time. However, Rivian's is not nearly as cool. It's completely invisible to your average pedestrian.
And silent, as well.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
original.jpg;resize(2200,_).jpg

I'm sad that they didn't edit out the prototype in-bed rail mount points in this photo.

I'm still sad and surprised that MANY of the photos on rivian.com still show old prototypes with plenty of differences, this just being one of them.

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I was just told by customer service they will loan out Rivian Prime Electric Delivery Vans. Hey, still EV, and maybe you can make an extra buck while you wait?
I was hoping the repair Vans would be "Rivians" Van (Amazon)
But I guess it would be better never to need one
And let's hope that RJ is as great as I think he is and that things like Cabin Filters can be changed by a monkey
That way we can do them
I would be thrilled if Amazon showed up with a new Filter say every 5000 miles
That would be so cool
You get in, and your Rivian says to you that
"you received your Filter today. Why don't you go get it and put it in me."
(Now its getting hot)
Then shows you on the screen how to do it
THAT WOULD BE THE ?
That's so totally possible
God I love my RIVIAN

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Which car company current gives you a loaner, of the same brand, when you are having service?

Over the years I have done that with my BMWs....but they have scaled that way back. Honestly any loaner will be fine with me. Hopefully I won't ever need a loaner....
I’ve always gotten Tesla loaners from Tesla service. Except once when they didn’t have any and asked if I’d “settle” for a Maserati. It was fun to hear a throaty exhaust again!
Sponsored