Sponsored

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
can i apply to be a mobile service tech/ loaner swapper outer? 60k, 401k, plus benes?
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Not really sure this information release provides much new, over an above what was already on the support site. I would really like to know the 40 service center locations, since that is likely where parts will be inventoried, and will also be where my vehicle needs to go if any major repairs are needed.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

can i apply to be a mobile service tech/ loaner swapper outer? 60k, 401k, plus benes?
https://rivian.com/careers you can! I actually applied for a Job locally but as I knew I would get passed over. Was a Mechanical Engineer for Land Rover NA back in the day.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Not really sure this information release provides much new, over an above what was already on the support site. I would really like to know the 40 service center locations, since that is likely where parts will be inventoried, and will also be where my vehicle needs to go if any major repairs are needed.

Soon....

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
OSINT is taking candy from the free candy dish! PSA Cyber Red Team is part of my day job.
Yeah, I remember. I was curious if you've played around with the Deimos C2 tool created by the adversarial team at my previous employer.

Another thread derailment complete...

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Very nice as expected to schedule appointments and a bit more good news on them monitoring and diagnosing cars - let’s see how proactive that is in the future. Tesla always said they do that but things break all the time too which maybe didn’t need to?

The key info I was really looking for at this point was service locations, radius of mobile service, etc. There are going to be issues, always are, and would like to know if there is a service center say within 50-100 miles even, where those are planned for in 2021-2022, etc. There won’t be many at this point yet for some time it seems and finding staff is challenging right now.

Dlcromwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 VW Thing, 2020 Honda Passport, 2000 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
So who's ready to test their statement of "anywhere in the US and Canada"

Let's see.... somewhere in Death Valley or maybe the Dempster Highway...aye....
I live in Marion, MT. No cell service and only CenturyLink DSL. How is that going to work for me? Updates only when I go to Kalispell where there is cell service? If updates are at night, do I have to go to town and stay the night every once in a while? I guess that they cannot cover every buyers needs. When Starlink is up I should be good to go - no pun intended.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
Are the mobile techs safe from the dealer franchise laws in Washington State?

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I live in Marion, MT. No cell service and only CenturyLink DSL. How is that going to work for me?
If you have wifi, you can connect the car to your wifi at home and it will contact the mother ship then. Otherwise, the car will be contacting the mother ship only when you have cell service. Maybe you should order starlink? I know they said their techs learned a lot about dealing with intermittent connections from Long Way Up.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service / Remote Care - Official Info Release! 1617307027102

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service / Remote Care - Official Info Release! 1617307062145

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service / Remote Care - Official Info Release! original.jpg;resize(2200,_)

I'm sad that they didn't edit out the prototype in-bed rail mount points in this photo.

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
Haha they better have more then the 125 ish mile range that the Amazon vans have or they are not getting to me. 306 miles from Anchorage and 356 miles from Fairbanks and no DCFC in-between at this time.
Sponsored