Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Can’t believe there’s still nothing happening in Atlanta. That list of locations and addresses is filling in nicely, but still a hole there.
There is something happening. On John's interview on Rivian Stories, he mentions a September delivery date (he lives in ATL). At least one other ATL member says they got a guide contact already. Previous info from Guide conversations disclosed that a Service Center has to at least be started before they contact pre-order holders in an area. Also, ATL has been listed as the Southeast regional service center so there have been lots of job postings that are mostly gone/filled.

So the cloak and digger persists but a good amount of evidence suggests that it's at least started. BTW, my guess is somewhere West Midtown-ish.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
There is something happening. On John's interview on Rivian Stories, he mentions a September delivery date (he lives in ATL). At least one other ATL member says they got a guide contact already. Previous info from Guide conversations disclosed that a Service Center has to at least be started before they contact pre-order holders in an area. Also, ATL has been listed as the Southeast regional service center so there have been lots of job postings that are mostly gone/filled.

So the cloak and digger persists but a good amount of evidence suggests that it's at least started. BTW, my guess is somewhere West Midtown-ish.
No permits in CoA with a permit name or business name including "rivian". I had checked Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, and Cobb County last weekend. I also looked for permit searches in Marietta, City of Decatur and Dekalb County but had mixed results in even finding a good place to check for permits in those. I was multi-tasking though, so those are probably worth another look. I didn't check any of the other Dekalb or Gwinnett cities that might make sense, or even Gwinnett County itself.

Have I mentioned how nice it would be if there were a single state site for this sort of thing?

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)

All good points - I didn't realize John was in Atlanta until his most recent interview. My selfish hope is for something north of the city (I'm in Johns Creek), but I'm good with where ever they put it. My amateur sleuthing hasn't turned up anything in the way of permits, but it's not an easy search between the various city and county sites.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

No permits in CoA with a permit name or business name including "rivian". I had checked Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, and Cobb County last weekend. I also looked for permit searches in Marietta, City of Decatur and Dekalb County but had mixed results in even finding a good place to check for permits in those. I was multi-tasking though, so those are probably worth another look. I didn't check any of the other Dekalb or Gwinnett cities that might make sense, or even Gwinnett County itself.

Have I mentioned how nice it would be if there were a single state site for this sort of thing?
I checked gwinett county going back 6 months. No permits issues to rivian.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Found it! Indeed West Midtown near some breweries.

2333 Defoor Hills Rd NW

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) Riv1

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) Riv2

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) Riv3

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) RIV4

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

2333 Defoor Hills Rd NW

Riv1.png

Riv2.png

Riv3.png

RIV4.png
Never ceases to amaze me at the amount of information that is gathered from these forums.

It has quite the diverse group....

Nice work

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

2333 Defoor Hills Rd NW

Riv1.png

Riv2.png

Riv3.png

RIV4.png
Nice find. I had been focused on construction permits, no real estate deals! I will add it to my google map shortly. Very happily!

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) PXL_20210813_170310486.MP
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) PXL_20210813_170657531.MP

This was today at what suppose to be the Miami, FL Service center location, one work van and a truck from a wood working company, That company posted on social media that they were building out a receptionist desk area today, the ceiling tiles and light fixture in the picture did match to the ones inside this building. hopefully its a sign that work has begun here. Also today I found on the states division of corporations website a recent registration for Rivian Insurance Services dated 7/20/21

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) Screenshot_20210813-230916

Last edited:

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
PXL_20210813_170310486.MP.jpg
PXL_20210813_170657531.MP.jpg

This was today at what suppose to be the Miami, FL Service center location, one work van and a truck from a wood working company, That company posted on social media that they were building out a receptionist desk area today, the ceiling tiles and light fixture in the picture did match to the ones inside this building. hopefully its a sign that work has begun here. Also today I found on the states division of corporations website a recent registration for Rivian Insurance Services dated 7/20/21

Screenshot_20210813-230916.png
Thanks for the update, I was about to ask how it was going. I'm almost sure Rivian preorders won't start coming to FL until this is ready.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Thanks for the update, I was about to ask how it was going. I'm almost sure Rivian preorders won't start coming to FL until this is ready.
from a logistics point, i think maybe the orlando or tampa service center is going to be the deciding factor as to when FL may start receiving pre-orders, but i think that would depend also as to how many orders are north to central FL, and how many central to south FL.

Sponsored

JCElectricSUV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLC 43
Occupation
MGR
Clubs

Nice find. I had been focused on construction permits, no real estate deals! I will add it to my google map shortly. Very happily!
PXL_20210813_170310486.MP.jpg
PXL_20210813_170657531.MP.jpg

Screenshot_20210813-230916.png
here is a picture of the Atlanta site. Great investigative work

2333 Defoor Hills Rd NW

Riv1.png

Riv2.png

Riv3.png

RIV4.png
Great investigative work! Here is a photo of the property.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) IMG_0885

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks to me like Certified Finishes is a commercial flooring company that is still very much in business. That building is "the leading carpet reclamation center in Atlanta." I don't see any hints that they're moving or closing down, so I wonder what the timeline could possibly be for Rivian. Or maybe Rivian is just renting one part of the building? It does look like there could be 2 "front" entrances.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Looks to me like Certified Finishes is a commercial flooring company that is still very much in business. That building is "the leading carpet reclamation center in Atlanta." I don't see any hints that they're moving or closing down, so I wonder what the timeline could possibly be for Rivian. Or maybe Rivian is just renting one part of the building? It does look like there could be 2 "front" entrances.
Awesome find @Atlrivian

Checking them out - seems like they might be a potential victim of Covid in that no one is looking to replace office carpet these days.

There is another business in there too, Southeast Costume, they supply costumes for movies. Kinda cool but seems like they could relocate fairly easily.

Last - if you guys are ever in the area or stuck at the Service Center and can't get into the Brewery.... check out Hankook Taqueria. It's fantastic, one of my favorites in the whole city. https://goo.gl/maps/TdjpkrDCFaABx65v8

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Awesome find @Atlrivian

Checking them out - seems like they might be a potential victim of Covid in that no one is looking to replace office carpet these days.

There is another business in there too, Southeast Costume, they supply costumes for movies. Kinda cool but seems like they could relocate fairly easily.

Last - if you guys are ever in the area or stuck at the Service Center and can't get into the Brewery.... check out Hankook Taqueria. It's fantastic, one of my favorites in the whole city. https://goo.gl/maps/TdjpkrDCFaABx65v8
I double checked the lease agreement:

1) it was signed by Jimmy knauf (rivian evp of facilities) on 7/16, so may be that they don't actually take possession for weeks/months from lease signing. There wasn't a stat time listed for the lease.
2) it specifically mentions there will be a service center at the property in the document
3) the listed area to be leased is 52000 sqft, which would encompass all of the warehouse area on the property per the fulton county qpublic property info. So both companies currently leasing would likely have to go.

I'm going to try and swing by Tuesday and poke around.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, that’s probably the whole building, although there’s the “office” space that might be usable by someone else.

It’s not the most convenient part of town for me, but it’s much better than Decatur or somewhere in Gwinnett!

I’m a very recent (July 2021) R1S reservation holder, so I’ll bet the service center will be fully operational long beforeI might need it!
Sponsored