Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Ran a search in a bidding database I have access to and stumbled across the Miami location and plans
1625791225933.png

1625791252995.png

1625791286978.png

1625791314799.png

1625791369304.png

1625791398024.png

1625791459009.png
1625791435552.png
FINALLY! Some news regarding Florida (was that so blasted hard, Rivian??)
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I can only imagine the detail that goes into hiring all these people, building service centers, installing a charging network and building the actual vehicles. I’ll stick to my day job.

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I had to take family to the airport yesterday and on my way back home stopped by the Denver location. It looks like they've started tearing up the parking lot on the east side of the building (where the Rivian service center will be going in).

My very uneducated guess is this work relates to installing charging stations, but it could also be prepping for loading docks, etc.

It was early (about 7:30 am) and there wasn't any activity inside that I could see, however it did appear an HVAC truck was parked in front of the Rivian area.

So hopefully this is a good sign for work commencing on our service center. I have no idea how long these projects take but another very uneducated guess, I don't see how they're in a position to open and deliver vehicles in this area for 2 - 3 months, but again just a WAG.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) IMG_1068.JPG

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I heard Rivian just hired them for comms
Because they suck?

Sorry, couldn't resist. The output of Rivian comms is decent, they just don't do enough of it...but that could be out of their control as well, at this stage.

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I found a new service location to add to the list!
206 Utah Ave.
South San Francisco, CA
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) Rivian SSF

Pretty sure I confused the heck out of a driver doing the other way when I slammed on my brakes and sat there staring at a random building like I had found the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow! :D

As seems to be the case with most of the locations popping up, this is right next door to an Amazon distribution hub. I didn't have time to fully scope it out or see if there is any equipment inside. The exterior aesthetic is definitely the same as the Bellevue location, so if anyone is looking to find a service center near them, look for a mat black building nearby an Amazon distribution center.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Updated 7/13/21 for Easier Reading

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Updated 7/13/21 for Easier Reading

Raleigh, NC: Rivian had 2 jobs posted for Delivery & Mobile Operations Manager and I think a Service Tech. Both jobs are now gone from their site, so maybe filled?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Raleigh, NC: Rivian had 2 jobs posted for Delivery & Mobile Operations Manager and I think a Service Tech. Both jobs are now gone from their site, so maybe filled?

I did see a RA location for Raleigh but it was just left at that, I havent seen a confirmation of building yet TBH same goes with Richmond, VA.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

I don't think we have any information that the Chicago showroom is also going to be a service center. The spaces in that building are pretty small.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) a79cc992-4ec8-487f-9d16-e71953c7d137

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
OMG went to the Denver service center
They are working hard
The place is ENORMOUS!
AND I ZOOMED IN ON THE PERMIT WALL
It says RIVIAN SERVICE CENTER!!!
The inside is almost as big as the outside lot

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_110417

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_111157

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_110326

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_105738

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_105652

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_105634

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_105523

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_105006

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_104913

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210713_105943

Last edited:

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I don't think we have any information that the Chicago showroom is also going to be a service center. The spaces in that building are pretty small.
a79cc992-4ec8-487f-9d16-e71953c7d137.png
We might not have any confirmation the Chicago location will be a full blown show room (meaning with full size vehicles) yet, but based on that blueprint there would appear to be plenty of room to put at least two Rivian EAVs on display in any of the four retail spaces on the first floor. The question becomes how do you get the EAVs in/out of the showroom. Retail spaces A, B and C don't appear to have any large enough entry/exit points but retail space D to the north (top) has what looks like two very large windows (~40+ft of the 56'8" span) along the north wall.

So if Rivian is to occupy retail space D (which is the expansion area to original building), are those windows easily removable and did the architects leave enough alley way on the north side (formerly the north edge of the parking lot) to maneuver vehicles in and out of retail space D?

BTW, there's a more recent article (Jun 14, 2021), than the original one in the OP from back in February, about the transformation of this building with pics and renderings:
"Exterior Walls Continue To Reshape 932 W Randolph Street In Fulton Market"

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Denver Service Center:
Nice photos!

Great to see at least a little bit of activity happening. Looked completely untouched just a couple of weeks ago.

I just wish there was more than 1 worker there getting things done!

ps. Your passenger looks just about as thrilled/confused by being there as my wife was when we stopped by the site. :CWL:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Nice photos!

Great to see at least a little bit of activity happening. Looked completely untouched just a couple of weeks ago.

I just wish there was more than 1 worker there getting things done!

ps. Your passenger looks just about as thrilled/confused by being there as my wife was when we stopped by the site. :CWL:
Full disclosure: Not my photos.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
We might not have any confirmation the Chicago location will be a full blown show room (meaning with full size vehicles) yet, but based on that blueprint there would appear to be plenty of room to put at least two Rivian EAVs on display in any of the four retail spaces on the first floor. The question becomes how do you get the EAVs in/out of the showroom. Retail spaces A, B and C don't appear to have any large enough entry/exit points but retail space D to the north (top) has what looks like two very large windows (~40+ft of the 56'8" span) along the north wall.

So if Rivian is to occupy retail space D (which is the expansion area to original building), are those windows easily removable and did the architects leave enough alley way on the north side (formerly the north edge of the parking lot) to maneuver vehicles in and out of retail space D?

BTW, there's a more recent article (Jun 14, 2021), than the original one in the OP from back in February, about the transformation of this building with pics and renderings:
"Exterior Walls Continue To Reshape 932 W Randolph Street In Fulton Market"
In all likelihood they'll have some type of sliding door configuration. We had a Tesla showroom years ago in a mall in the near north suburbs of Chicago that was in a retail space with a couple of cars and not much else. Very similar situation.
Sponsored