Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Went by the location yesterday and there were several contractors on site (plumbing, mechanical, electrical). Couldn't take pictures of the back of the building where chargers etc. will be. Will drop by again next week when I'm in the area. Lots of permits were approved on Monday including the electrical info that shows all the chargers (see below):

PERMIT SCOPE OF WORK
Scope of Work (Detail exactly what activities you are performing under this permit):
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: CARLTON FRETWELL, PE#34235 CHANGE OF USE OF EXISTING TENANT SPACE TO AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR SHOP AND SUPPORTING OFFICE SPACE. 21,219 SQUARE FEET OF F-1 (MODERATE-HAZARD FACTORY INDUSTRIAL) SPACE. 3,820 SQUARE FEET OF B (BUSINESS). EXISTING SERVICE AND NEW DISTRIBUTION. EXISTING 1500KVA, 277/480V, 3PH, 4W PADMOUNT UTILITY XFMR. EXISTING 2000A, 277/480V, 3PH, 4W SERVICE CONNECTION CABINET WITH UTILITY METER PROVISION. EXISTING MAIN SWITCHBOARD MSB WITH SPD AND 2000A LSIG MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER AS SERVICE DISCONNECT. NEW 200A CB IN MSB TO FEED NEW PANEL H1. 125A CB IN PNL H1 TO FEED NEW 75 KVA XFMR. XFMR TO FEED NEW PANEL L1 (250A MCB). NEW 200A CB IN MSB TO FEED NEW PANEL H2. 125A CB IN PNL H2 TO FEED NEW 75 KVA XFMR. XFMR TO FEED NEW PANEL L2 (250A MCB). NEW 200A CB IN MSB TO FEED NEW PANEL H3. 70A CB IN PNL H3 TO FEED NEW 45 KVA XFMR. XFMR TO FEED NEW PANEL L3 (150A MCB). NEW 175A CB IN MSB TO FEED NEW 112.5KVA XFMR. XFMR TO FEED NEW PANEL EV (400A MCB). NEW 600A CB IN MSB TO FEED NEW L3 CHARGING CABINET. NEW CIRCUITS FOR NEW RECEPTACLES, LED LIGHTING FIXTURES AND EQUIPMENT. NEW LIGHTING CONTROLS. EXIT SIGNS WITH BATTERY BACKUP. EM LIGHTING UNITS AND EM BATTERY IN FIXTURES FOR EGRESS LIGHTING. NEW EQUIPMENT OF NOTE: COFFEE SYSTEM, 208V, 1PH, 30A CKT. ROOFTOP UNITS, 480V, 3PH, 37.9 AND 26MCA EACH. FAN POWERED BOXES, 480V, 3PH, 7KW AND 20KW EACH. WATER HEATER, 480V, 3PH, 8KW. SPLIT SYSTEMS, 208V, 1PH, 13 AND 25 MCA EACH. AIR COMPRESSOR, 480V, 3PH, 7.5HP. TIRE BALANCER, 208V, 1PH, 10A. TIRE CHANGER, 208V, 1PH, 15A. ALIGNMENT RACK, 208V, 1PH, 26A. 2-POST LIFTS, 208V, 1PH, 40A CKT EACH. FORKLIFT CHARGER, 480V, 3PH, 10.5A. LEVEL 2 CHARGERS, 208V, 1PH, 48A EACH. LEVEL 3 CHARGERS, 480V, 3PH, TOTAL OF 448A. GANTRY CRANE AND BATTERY LIFT TABLE, 208V, 1PH, 12A. DRYER, 208V, 1PH, 30A CKT. ALL OTHER EQUIPMENT REQUIRES 20A, 120V CIRCUIT CONNECTIONS. AIC: MSB, 65KA FULLY RATED. PANELS H1, H2, 35KA FULLY RATED. PANEL H3, 14KA FULLY RATED. PANELS L1, L2, L3, EV, 10KA FULLY RATED. *** UNDER THE 2020 NEC *** *** UNDER THE 2018 IECC/2019 DBCA *** *** PRESCRIPTIVE METHOD USED FOR ENERGY CODE COMPLIANCE *** *** AUTOMATIC LIGHTING CONTROLS AS REQUIRED PER 2018 IECC *** *** COMMISSIONING OF LIGHTING CONTROL SYSTEMS IS NOT REQUIRED ***
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Went by the location yesterday and there were several contractors on site (plumbing, mechanical, electrical). Couldn't take pictures of the back of the building where chargers etc. will be. Will drop by again next week when I'm in the area. Lots of permits were approved on Monday including the electrical info that shows all the chargers (see below):
Thanks for keeping us updated. This is 11 minutes from my house, so I'm quite pleased with the location they have hopefully finalized on. I know there shouldn't be much need to go there once we have vehicles in hand, but it's reassuring to have the service center so close by if a visit is required.

Now I just hope they work as fast as possible to get it complete, so that "proximity to a service center" becomes an asset instead of a con for our delivery timing.

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
Really appreciate all the info lg3103, glad to see the beginnings of a service center!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
and they are clearly building LEVEL 3 charging capabilities on site. judging by the number of people on site yesterday it looked like this is going into full buildout immediately. much easier conversion than the initially proposed location on Walnut St that would have required a ton of exterior and structural work as well. This looks like it could be done within 3 months...:fingerscrossed:...who get's the first CO delivery?!? I have a Q2 2019 R1S LE reservation so won't be me...

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
who get's the first CO delivery?!? I have a Q2 2019 R1S LE reservation so won't be me...
I'm R1T LE, but early 2020 reservation date. So, I doubt it will be me!

Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I'm supposed to be July
???????
PLEASE
My Jeep is still in the shop
Is it JULY YET

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I'm at R1T LE and reserved in August 2019 so I probably won't be one of the first either.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I'm at R1T LE and reserved in August 2019 so I probably won't be one of the first either.
Well, I reserved about a week ago, so, you you all have me beat.

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I drove by the Denver location today, I didn't get any pictures but did see a few workers in one of the doorways. From what I could see it looked fairly empty inside but they've definitely started doing something. :)

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Have there been any developments with the NYC space?

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I drove by the Denver location today, I didn't get any pictures but did see a few workers in one of the doorways. From what I could see it looked fairly empty inside but they've definitely started doing something. :)
This is great news. I drove by the first week of june and saw no activity at the site. Looks like they are really getting things in gear.

I also find it interesting how often the Amazon van is featured in all of the permit drawings. Really seems like this will be a major service center for the Amazon vans, along with R1T/R1S.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1624633479923

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Looks like Denver is much bigger than the Bellevue, WA location. Just saw the interior pictures of the WA location and it seems to be maybe half the size of Denver...That's good news for us CO folks hopefully. Let's see when we hear about the first Guide Contact in CO...

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Updated all addresses I know of in the Original Post. Let me know if anyone else has any updates.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Updated all addresses I know of in the Original Post. Let me know if anyone else has any updates.
Ugh, not looking good for my Salt Lake City area.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ugh, not looking good for my Salt Lake City area.

Just nothing registered doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just I couldn't find it. A lot of items out there are also blocked because certain states charge for permit pulls/search/ etc
Sponsored