Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

Gotta say I'm feeling lost here in Minnesota. Between wanting a specific configuration and being in fly-over land (see also paltry charging network coverage), I'm thinking it will be April 2023, not April 2022 as I had hoped. I'm gonna buy a i-Pace for now and sell when my Number comes up with Rivian (#10,256).
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Gotta say I'm feeling lost here in Minnesota. Between wanting a specific configuration and being in fly-over land (see also paltry charging network coverage), I'm thinking it will be April 2023, not April 2022 as I had hoped. I'm gonna buy a i-Pace for now and sell when my Number comes up with Rivian (#10,256).
If R1T, I think you'll still be before EOY.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Delivery will at least be coordinate but no such evidence of a retail location yet though I have not looked as my steam for anything Rivian related has bee dying lately but only a little haha.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1622689664516

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Check the EA map. My Inlaws are in MN, and without RAN and this upcoming EA build out, I literally won't be able to drive a Rivian to see them without like looping down through Iowa.

Ie, patience is probably a good thing for a couple of reasons for MN.

Which, now that I think about it, makes me wonder if they're going to slow play delivers in MT, SD, and ND a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Denver issued a final zoning permit for Rivian's location at 3893 Steele Street. Looks like this location will be used as a repair facility and a sales showroom where customers can order vehicles, although no vehicles will be stored on site for sale like a dealership. It does look Rivian will deliver vehicles for sale at this site. They will also do routine maintenance, but not major repairs. It also appears they will do repairs for Amazon vans at this site as well.

This letter shall serve as a description of the operations of Rivian Automotive, LLC for the purpose of allowing an ‘Office, Nondental, Nonmedical’, ‘Automobile, motorcycle, light truck sales, leasing, and rental’, & ‘Automobile Filling or Emission Station’ on this site. The ‘Office, Nondental, Nonmedical’ use will define the area of the project where the Rivian staff will conduct their typical office tasks from day to day, as well as the waiting area for patrons of the business. The ‘Automobile, motorcycle, light truck sales, leasing, and rental’ use will define the portion of the project where customers work with the sales staff to order vehicles. This will not be a site where cars are stored for sale. Finally, the ‘Automobile Filling or Emission Station’ use will define the portion of the site where routine maintenance is done on the vehicles. This will not be a site for major repairs to vehicles. No body work, painting, or upholstery work will be done on this site. These use classifications are permitted in this zone district. Deliveries to the site will occur 2‐3 times per week. Trucks will access via York Street or 39th Avenue and park on the south side of 3893. This location will service delivery vans at an average rate of 6 per day. Those will also access the site via York Street or 39th Avenue.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1623942684699

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Are the showrooms and service centers one and the same? I didn't have that impression and it seems like IL Rivian customers are screwed if service center is critical to delivery until the latest in dealership shenanigans is sorted out.

Sponsored

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
Does anyone know if they will service out of Normal as well? I'm in STL not far from Normal and I doubt they will put a service center in STL in the near future. Hopefully Normal can be my service center.

Reactions: Jay

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Are the showrooms and service centers one and the same? I didn't have that impression and it seems like IL Rivian customers are screwed if service center is critical to delivery until the latest in dealership shenanigans is sorted out.
No. There may be some combined locations, but they don't have to be both. There will certainly be "experience centers" that don't have any service attached.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Denver issued a final zoning permit for Rivian's location at 3893 Steele Street. Looks like this location will be used as a repair facility and a sales showroom where customers can order vehicles, although no vehicles will be stored on site for sale like a dealership. It does look Rivian will deliver vehicles for sale at this site. They will also do routine maintenance, but not major repairs. It also appears they will do repairs for Amazon vans at this site as well.

1623942684699.png
I'm in the area on Monday. Will drop by to see if any work has started.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Zoning now approved as well with lots of charging stations and what looks like a big parking lot for staging vehicles. Ramps in and out of the building to access the show room / delivery are and also the service center. I'll post some pics on Monday what the actual state of the building is.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1624031008865

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1624031053493

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1624031094571

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Someone had posted a place on Walnut Street
I went there
It seemed to big
Wish I had seen this post
Would have liked to have seen it