Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

This randomly popped up in my news feed:
http://socketsite.com/archives/2021/02/rivian-automotive-has-set-its-sights-on-hayes-valley.html

Rivian Location in San Francisco. No idea what site this is, and I haven't looked for more info.
Nice Follow up! I have been seeing no other traction, I pull permits for Car makers like TESLA to make sure I look them up correctly with no information on Rivian Thus far in a lot of the Markets they are hiring "RETAIL" locations here.

https://rivian.com/careers?department=service&search=
https://rivian.com/careers?department=retail&search=

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
kanundrum said:
Of all Job Postings this is one of the more interesting ones in making me think some involvement with FEMA, Federal Government.

VERY interesting. Maybe a response fleet/program that could also provide power in some emergency situations?
It might also have to do with Rivian proactively (required?) to register and educate fire departments and other first responder organizations on how to properly disconnect the battery when involved in a crash or if the battery catches fire. I believe this done with other auto manufacturers of EVs. I suspect with the battery tech constantly evolving along with regulations, having a Rivian team of people to keep up on this and informing the necessary emergency groups would be warranted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

FWIW I applied for a local position here in DC. I am 100% doubting I will get a callback as my ME days for Land Rover North America are now old and currently in Cyber Security =D

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Not that it matters, but it would appear that Rivian has been working on the their Sales and/or Service Centers locations for quite some time. It may be just coincidence, but their recently announced Seattle center is only a block and a half away from where they hosted their Roll-Out event in September of 2019. That area of town seems a good fit to me. The first notice I received for the event arrived on 8/20/2019.

I sure hope Portland gets some sort of presence, but Seattle is a natural, given the folks I see in this and the other Forums. (Don't worry, I'm not cheating on RivianForums. I've been told "it's OK to window shop, as long as you don't touch").

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20210304_131247

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Not that it matters, but it would appear that Rivian has been working on the their Sales and/or Service Centers locations for quite some time. It may be just coincidence, but their recently announced Seattle center is only a block and a half away from where they hosted their Roll-Out event in September of 2019. That area of town seems a good fit to me. The first notice I received for the event arrived on 8/20/2019.

I sure hope Portland gets some sort of presence, but Seattle is a natural, given the folks I see in this and the other Forums. (Don't worry, I'm not cheating on RivianForums. I've been told "it's OK to window shop, as long as you don't touch").
Currently Rivian will not be able to sell vehicles in WA State. HB 1388 is looking to change that, but there are no guarantees.

If it doesn't pass, the likelihood of a Portland location greatly increases. Portland will have a service center, so a retail center tied to that is probably at least in the contingency plan

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Currently Rivian will not be able to sell vehicles in WA State. HB 1388 is looking to change that, but there are no guarantees.

If it doesn't pass, the likelihood of a Portland location greatly increases. Portland will have a service center, so a retail center tied to that is probably at least in the contingency plan
They will likely still have a show room. It's the same game Tesla played... you can come in, look at, even test drive a vehicle. You just won't be sold one. To purchase, you're told that you can go visit rivian.com.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
They will likely still have a show room. It's the same game Tesla played... you can come in, look at, even test drive a vehicle. You just won't be sold one. To purchase, you're told that you can go visit rivian.com.
As they point to the computer sitting behind you. That’s how it was for my Tesla. You placed your order on workstations in the showroom if you wanted.

Sponsored

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
FWIW I applied for a local position here in DC. I am 100% doubting I will get a callback as my ME days for Land Rover North America are now old and currently in Cyber Security =D
A friend of mine applied for test engineer in AZ. Been a few weeks not heard back. So not looking that good.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

A friend of mine applied for test engineer in AZ. Been a few weeks not heard back. So not looking that good.

They have the issue of ramp up and production, from what I have been reading on Team Blind their HR is crazy at the moment.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://www.djc.com/news/re/12138766.html

On the Block: From surplus ponchos to electric trucks: Rivian is coming to Belltown

A high-tech truck showroom is poised to replace one of the city's most defiantly old-school retailers. Electric vehicle startup Rivian, the future tenant, and JPC Architects have filed plans to gut renovate the Federal Army & Navy Surplus store, at 2112 First Ave. in Belltown.

Rivian confirmed the plan, and issued a brief statement. It said, “Our approach to retail spaces emphasizes opportunities for adaptive reuse and celebrating the local character and flavor of the neighborhoods we join. Belltown and the space at 2112 First Ave. are a great fit for Rivian's presence in Seattle.”

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1615009415544

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
https://www.djc.com/news/re/12138766.html

On the Block: From surplus ponchos to electric trucks: Rivian is coming to Belltown

A high-tech truck showroom is poised to replace one of the city's most defiantly old-school retailers. Electric vehicle startup Rivian, the future tenant, and JPC Architects have filed plans to gut renovate the Federal Army & Navy Surplus store, at 2112 First Ave. in Belltown.
(snip)
Liked the TIC caption that's under the pic of the green R1S in the article:
"Prices for the new trucks and SUVs will run a little higher than the surplus store’s traditional wares."

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Nothing too new in terms of locations but Boston seems to be blowing up big with 8 Positions being offered.
Sponsored