Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

R1SBucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
Occupation
IT
I was trying to dig up any info on possible PA showrooms or service centers when I came across some disappointing info in the S-1 filing. It appears that it’s illegal for Rivian to sell direct to consumer or have any service centers in these eight states: Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia. See page 139 in the S-1 for reference. S-1

It does appear the legislation is drafted for PA to broaden their (5) Tesla service center limit law to include any EV manufacturer but I don’t see any specific timing on the Bill since it’s been referred to committee. HB 1907

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
I was trying to dig up any info on possible PA showrooms or service centers when I came across some disappointing info in the S-1 filing. It appears that it’s illegal for Rivian to sell direct to consumer or have any service centers in these eight states: Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia. See page 139 in the S-1 for reference. S-1

It does appear the legislation is drafted for PA to broaden their (5) Tesla service center limit law to include any EV manufacturer but I don’t see any specific timing on the Bill since it’s been referred to committee. HB 1907
I was thinking the same thing, but I’ve seen a few PA residents with delivery window estimates early next year. So I must be missing something.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Also in the S-1 is this statement:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1874178/000119312521289903/d157488ds1.htm said:
Once licensed in one or more of these 22 states, we may sell our vehicles to any consumer in the United States as a matter of interstate commerce.
So Rivian is taking the position (surely after lengthly legal consultation) that once they’re licensed to sell in at least one state, they can legally sell to any consumer in any state, under federal law. If you live in a “bad” state, then you’ll probably docusign with a Rivian employee located in an approved state, then they just ship you your truck.

Service was the big unknown, as dispatching a service van from another state is a pretty big expense/hassle, but it seems Rivian is willing to do that, initially, while they work to lobby these states to remove their heads from their proverbial butts.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
The Rivian sign is now up on the Colorado Service Center.

Rivian Colorado Service Center.jpg
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 044653A0-32EA-46C1-A4BB-A26D0E42E08E
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) FFD2A91C-9786-4F28-B9F3-B4436AABB1BE
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) C22099E9-76BA-4B15-ABD3-90876B2F7BD8
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 39726181-F13D-4486-BB5E-55725A3CD493
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 318C3152-2B63-4307-974E-4962C61D6C7A
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 9B912644-D5FA-4A27-94D3-E1822489DAFF

Yes Admin, more shots I took from the Denver Service Center yesterday with customer lounge done, service Bays starting to tool-up, and Rivian labeled flatbed transport truck parked in case some of you missed the Colorado thread.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Also in the S-1 is this statement:

So Rivian is taking the position (surely after lengthly legal consultation) that once they’re licensed to sell in at least one state, they can legally sell to any consumer in any state, under federal law. If you live in a “bad” state, then you’ll probably docusign with a Rivian employee located in an approved state, then they just ship you your truck.

Service was the big unknown, as dispatching a service van from another state is a pretty big expense/hassle, but it seems Rivian is willing to do that, initially, while they work to lobby these states to remove their heads from their proverbial butts.
Hopefully there will be movement soon if there is a house bill already being discussed. They can cover parts of PA from Ohio (Pittsburgh) and New Jersey/Delaware (for Philadelphia area).
I now understand why Lucid has two NJ locations - helps them cover multiple sites.

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
I wrote my State Rep here in PA and got this reponse.

In the state of PA, almost all new vehicles have been sold through dealer networks supplied by respective automobile manufacturers. The General Assembly amended the Board Vehicles Act in 2014 by passing SB1409 which then became Act 125. Rep. Masser voted for Act 125. This Act allowed Tesla, who is the manufacturer, to also directly sell its vehicles in PA. Currently, Rep. Lawrence is the prime sponsor of HB 1907 which was introduced on September 27, 2021. The bill was referred to the Professional Licensure committee. This bill would allow other electric vehicle manufacturers to sell directly to the public. The bill has not made it out of committee because there has been extreme push back from the PA Dealers Association. The bill will not move until there is a compromise.

My response:

I am so glad to hear Rep Masser is amenable to loosening EV direct sales regulations in Pennsylvania.

Of course the Dealers don’t want the market to be opened up! In a few years all of them will be offering EVs and it wont matter anymore. The consumer will have the choice, the sine qua non for free market economy! They will survive this transition period just fine sitting on their fat corporate nest eggs.

So, what exactly is “extreme pushback”? Are they threatening to pull lobbying money and campaign donations? How do citizens like me combat that?

His office’s reply:

You’re welcome. I do not know exactly what extreme pushback means……sorry.

***This sort of bullshit gets me so fired up and is proof we must get corporate money out of politics!***

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I wrote my State Rep here in PA and got this reponse.

In the state of PA, almost all new vehicles have been sold through dealer networks supplied by respective automobile manufacturers. The General Assembly amended the Board Vehicles Act in 2014 by passing SB1409 which then became Act 125. Rep. Masser voted for Act 125. This Act allowed Tesla, who is the manufacturer, to also directly sell its vehicles in PA. Currently, Rep. Lawrence is the prime sponsor of HB 1907 which was introduced on September 27, 2021. The bill was referred to the Professional Licensure committee. This bill would allow other electric vehicle manufacturers to sell directly to the public. The bill has not made it out of committee because there has been extreme push back from the PA Dealers Association. The bill will not move until there is a compromise.

My response:

I am so glad to hear Rep Masser is amenable to loosening EV direct sales regulations in Pennsylvania.

Of course the Dealers don’t want the market to be opened up! In a few years all of them will be offering EVs and it wont matter anymore. The consumer will have the choice, the sine qua non for free market economy! They will survive this transition period just fine sitting on their fat corporate nest eggs.

So, what exactly is “extreme pushback”? Are they threatening to pull lobbying money and campaign donations? How do citizens like me combat that?

His office’s reply:

You’re welcome. I do not know exactly what extreme pushback means……sorry.

***This sort of bullshit gets me so fired up and is proof we must get corporate money out of politics!***
Thanks for this. I am going to write to my state representative and senator.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Looks like they are building a new HQ “campus” in Orange County. First I’ve heard about a new site. They already have two different offices in different parts of Irvine.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 474384DE-D7D4-46A4-AD30-74480A8D9D40

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Looks like they are building a new HQ “campus” in Orange County. First I’ve heard about a new site. They already have two different offices in different parts of Irvine.

474384DE-D7D4-46A4-AD30-74480A8D9D40.jpeg
One thing needed on this list — leadership that empowers and energizes the whole team, tackling the biggest problems and failures with boldness, taking risks, making sacrifices, embracing rejection, welcoming pain without complaints. There should be no corporate comfort zones. No subsidies. If a managerial culture takes over, a team led by managers…no epitaph needed, none.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

You sleuths are amazing and like others since I'm in the Phoenix area with no guide contact on a Dec. 6, 2018 reservation date (LE R1T Launch Green 20's), I have to assume the lack of a running service center was my downfall.

JamesD has done a great job getting photos! I pulled the permit and inspection report for the property and now see that the service center is on 'final inspection', so occupancy has to be right around the corner. Thanks to all those around the country posting construction progress pictures, it actually gives me some hope, to go along with the 175 shares.

Rivian recently pulled a permit for a large awning....possibly with solar......
Rivian Inspection History Phx.JPG
I love that Rivian is incorporating solar where appropriate. Perhaps in Portland and Seattle they can incorporate hydropower utilizing rooftop reservoirs and turbines in the downspouts to capture the energy of the substantial rainfall we experience.

In Portland alone last year, 17 roofers drowned while reroofing commercial buildings. Sadly, standard personal flotation devices make roofing jobs difficult and many people foolishly attempt to work without them.

So very tragic....

Here's the upcoming Portland center captured during a rare sun-break this past Summer.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20211017_151656
Sponsored