Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
So doing a little searching on their career pages we have the following locations for potential Service Centers/Retail Locations (THUS FAR) Just from what we see, could be more, I don't believe it could be less.
Updated 7/13/21 for Easier Reading

6 job openings now in Richmond, VA. All field service related.
Sponsored

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
6 job openings now in Richmond, VA. All field service related.
The Chicago facility has to be just a showroom. There is not enough space for anything else. The inside is just roughed in and a big crew is working on the site in earnest. I doubt that this building will be open until early 2022. They must be willing to service the Chicago area from Normal over the next year. When considering that maybe they sell/deliver 500 vehicles to Chicago area residents in 2022 then the Normal facility could probably suffice using remote vans.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Here's a link to the developer of the Chicago building where Rivian will have its showroom. It's a rendering but currently the exterior of the building is finished and the interior looks pretty far along.
There is limited access for vehicles so I'm not sure if it will be anything more than a showroom. If you notice there is access to the rear of the building(the North side) via a very narrow, maybe 12' wide drive. This side of the building has a roughed in opening that is very wide, a good 30' I'd say.
They could bring vehicles into the showroom through this but it's hard to imagine a way in which it could be used for vehicle servicing needs.
https://l3capital.com/portfolio/932-w-randolph-street/
Thanks for the update. My thoughts about the building space were basically the same. See my post back in July in this thread. I haven't driven by the area since this spring. Would be interesting to see some pics on their progress.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I went by the Massachusetts location today- 25 Griffin Way in Chelsea. No activity but the prior occupants appear to have vacated…

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) C87BD35B-CAF0-4A6C-8AD8-532133328146

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 489395C0-F6F0-4610-974E-D8FF1C66E88D

Last edited:

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Instead of Newark they should take a space near Edison NJ. They would then have access to the Old Bridge Raceway which has not only a track but a off road track.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This is fantastic work by people on here piecing this together. Howvever Rivian should be like Lucid who clearly show the 20 facilities they have now and by end of 2021. Rivian could easily give a list of cities (not addresses) with a Spring, Summer or Fall 2022 estimated date For service centers and hubs. I am curious if Philadelphia will have one. I am in the suburbs and having a showroom in King of Prussia mall (largest in the US and has Tesla, Apple etc) would enable them to cover five million people (Philadelphia, the suburbs, some of Delaware and southern New Jersey within an hour) easily and cheaply. They need to do better communicating where these facilities will be both for new orders but also existing order holders so they can have more confidence.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is fantastic work by people on here piecing this together. Howvever Rivian should be like Lucid who clearly show the 20 facilities they have now and by end of 2021. Rivian could easily give a list of cities (not addresses) with a Spring, Summer or Fall 2022 estimated date For service centers and hubs. I am curious if Philadelphia will have one. I am in the suburbs and having a showroom in King of Prussia mall (largest in the US and has Tesla, Apple etc) would enable them to cover five million people (Philadelphia, the suburbs, some of Delaware and southern New Jersey within an hour) easily and cheaply. They need to do better communicating where these facilities will be both for new orders but also existing order holders so they can have more confidence.
This map was shown in their IPO road show video for service centers:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1636249298172

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This map was shown in their IPO road show video for service centers:

1636249298172.png
Agreed but a) that is very new and b) it is a poor map. I can guesstimate Philadelphia and Harrisburg but would it be hard to give a list and estimate dates?

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Horrible CA map? AZ has a coast line according to the map? I’m guessing its the San Diego location (or Calexico?) Service ctr on Maui looks like a fun idea…

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
HAH seriously what child drew that map? TN gets real squeezed toward the east, Chattanooga has been overtaken by Georgia.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
HAH seriously what child drew that map? TN gets real squeezed toward the east, Chattanooga has been overtaken by Georgia.
And what happened to the lower coastline of Alaska? Was Juneau ceded to Canada? I also like how Virginia is nearly 1/2 the size of California. Now that’s trying to own the Libs!

time to find a new graphics department!

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) D01D1F2D-9210-4A7E-AFCD-973F76E99871
Laguna Hub Starting construction This week. Was told that it won’t be complete until September 2022. Iconic and old theater on Pacific Coast Hwy
Sponsored