Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Wild prediction: Somewhere in Gwinett county along 85

Circumstantial evidence: the CT Corp is registered there, there are a bunch of Amazon warehouses in Gwinett, and it's a whole lot cheaper than ITP
It's a shame Georgia doesn't have a single site for building permits. And it's even worse than not having a single state site, you have to search every city and county site. Some of them are really a pain to find permits in, too. A decent lead on the part of town would be extremely helpful. As it is, between Fulton, Dekalb, Gwinnett, and Cobb counties plus all the cities like Atlanta, Decatur, Dunwoody, Roswell, Marietta, etc. etc. etc. that's just too many to check regularly.

I'm in Roswell and am checking its permits regularly. I can try to check Alpharetta and Sandy Springs as well. If it's in North Fulton, it'll be in one of those 3. I can't imagine it being in Milton or Johns Creek.
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Here is a ton more information from the Denver Permits...details on chargers, signs, layouts, etc. Also looks like they have a big office just for deliveries and services. Found info on the L2 chargers, but not the L3s. L2s seem to be Clipper Creek Chargers as well.
I swang (swung?) by today to see what was happening. No major updates. A few guys working, and they've made some progress installing the metal studs on the interior (walls) and a little bit of activity in the east-facing parking lot where the chargers are going in. Nothing too exciting.

I was honestly expecting to see quite a bit more activity then what was actually occurring. They do not appear to be building in much of a rush. There was also a dude posted at the main entrance door who looked like he was there to keep people like me from snooping around. Maybe they didn't appreciate the photos that were previously taken...

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I swang (swung?) by today to see what was happening. No major updates. A few guys working, and they've made some progress installing the metal studs on the interior (walls) and a little bit of activity in the east-facing parking lot where the chargers are going in. Nothing too exciting.

I was honestly expecting to see quite a bit more activity then what was actually occurring. They do not appear to be building in much of a rush. There was also a dude posted at the main entrance door who looked like he was there to keep people like me from snooping around. Maybe they didn't appreciate the photos that were previously taken...
Thanks for the update, I've been meaning to make my way by there again but haven't yet. At this pace it seems reasonable that it will be the end of the year at best before they would be in a position to open and start deliveries here.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Thanks for the update, I've been meaning to make my way by there again but haven't yet. At this pace it seems reasonable that it will be the end of the year at best before they would be in a position to open and start deliveries here.
I drove by last week and they had cranes lifting HVAC equipment onto the roof and were opening up the brick for the access doors/ramps. These projects change in activity quickly and when they are doing MEP work you usually don't see much from the outside until the buildout starts. They are filing a lot of permits online and I would expect this to be finished by November the latest.

Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
It's a shame Georgia doesn't have a single site for building permits...
You think the rational among us wishing states wound exercise their constitutional right to institute vaccine mandates is politically charged?

Try to implement statewide coordination of building permits and see just how quickly that state devolves into civil war...

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Just passing along some interior pics of some new office workstations at the normal plant:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 2
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 3

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
I drove by last week and they had cranes lifting HVAC equipment onto the roof and were opening up the brick for the access doors/ramps. These projects change in activity quickly and when they are doing MEP work you usually don't see much from the outside until the buildout starts. They are filing a lot of permits online and I would expect this to be finished by November the latest.
Thanks for the update and context! November would certainly be great.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Found this while searching for Houston service center. Unable to find address though. - https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/10e86633a3f94d94b855234a3092e361.html

1628638553585.png
Address below, North Houston just South of Spring, South of 1960 off Hardy Toll.

Project Name:
Rivian - Houston TX
Project Number:
TABS2021020489
Facility Name:
Carriage Point Warehouse
Location Address:
20221 Carriage Point Dr
Houston, TX 77073
Location County:
Harris
Start Date:
9/15/2021
Completion Date:
12/7/2021
Estimated Cost:
$2,117,649
Type of Work:
Renovation/Alteration
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
New interior walls & finishes, new light fixtures, new HVAC, new plumbing fixtures and new auto service equipment for EV automobiles
Square Footage:
27,500 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant?
Yes
Current Status:
Review Complete

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Projects/TABS2021020489

Last edited:

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

Address below, North Houston just South of Spring, South of 1960 off Hardy Toll.

Project Name:
Rivian - Houston TX
Project Number:
TABS2021020489
Facility Name:
Carriage Point Warehouse
Location Address:
20221 Carriage Point Dr
Houston, TX 77073
Location County:
Harris
Start Date:
9/15/2021
Completion Date:
12/7/2021
Estimated Cost:
$2,117,649
Type of Work:
Renovation/Alteration
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
New interior walls & finishes, new light fixtures, new HVAC, new plumbing fixtures and new auto service equipment for EV automobiles
Square Footage:
27,500 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant?
Yes
Current Status:
Review Complete

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Projects/TABS2021020489
This will be very nice. I drive by that location going to work everyday. I'll keep my eyes open and see how it goes.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Definitely not a "showroom" part of town.
I wonder how much proximity to vehicle shipping rail terminal has to do with that location

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I wonder how much proximity to vehicle shipping rail terminal has to do with that location
A lot. Actually right next to Gulf States Toyota where they receive & customize all Toyotas for a significant region.
Sponsored