Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I think Richmond makes sense to service central and southern Virginia and down towards the NC border. Since they have job postings for Washington, DC there must be a DC-area service center in the works that no one knows about yet.

I'm also guessing they are building centers based on where the bulk of reservations are by location.
Sponsored

CanadianRunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, R1T Max pack preorder
I stopped by again yesterday. The has been a little bit of progress. The For Lease sign is gone.
In the second photo, you can see a white line going from the transformer vault to the building. That line is gone. In it's place is patched concrete. Obviously, the parking lot concrete had been saw cut, a trench was dug. Conduit was placed in the trench and backfilled. I didn't take a photo because it was dark and wet and I still had to drive to Keizer.
Knowing there will be a service center in Portland provides a lot more confidence in my pre-order. Thanks for sharing!

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Agreed, Rivian needs to improve their information sharing. I placed deposit for Lucid very early on and cancelled it put the deposit for Rivian.

Lucid's marketing team does excellent job in communications with regular updates.
DITTO x 200

Reactions: Guy

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
It would be nice to have a sticky thread under Ordering, Pricing, Production, Delivery category with a list of Service Centers that are either open or under construction - or is there one that I have not found?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Looks like the Louisville area will soon have a service center soon as well! :)

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) DFF87F3C-F8AB-4079-870B-1DB0AFD4A9C9

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Looks like the Louisville area will soon have a service center soon as well! :)
My guess is that will serve as a central parts distribution hub for the entire country (and maybe beyond) to support the service centers. It's way too large to be a service center itself and is designed to be a distribution center/warehouse. It's also very close to UPS's Worldport as well as major highways. It's an excellent place for parts distribution.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
My guess is that will serve as a central parts distribution hub for the entire country (and maybe beyond) to support the service centers. It's way too large to be a service center itself and is designed to be a distribution center/warehouse. It's also very close to UPS's Worldport as well as major highways. It's an excellent place for parts distribution.
Good guess! Guess we’ll wait and see!

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Thats the first thing I thought of when this was announced. I don't know if there is a better place to setup a centralized parts hub than Louisville near the UPS Worldport.

BTW, there needs to be some forum addin here to correct the location here to how it's pronounced: Llllvllll.

fergie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 4Runner, 22 Kia EV6
Thats the first thing I thought of when this was announced. I don't know if there is a better place to setup a centralized parts hub than Louisville near the UPS Worldport.

BTW, there needs to be some forum addin here to correct the location here to how it's pronounced: Llllvllll.
I remember this from when I lived near there.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) louisville

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It would be. Ice to know of plans for other hubs after just having ONE completed. They really should have several more hubs open and also put on their website (like Lucid) where service/delivery centers are and will soon be.

I would also have liked them to have done portable shows of the vehicles so reservation holders could touch and feel the vehicles, check out colours and wheels. They could easily have started say in Boston and work their way down weekly the eastern seaboard and let people see before locking down their reservation.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Rivian partners with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to most beautiful camping sites in the US
Rivian announced a new partnership with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to some of the most beautiful campgrounds in the US.

Since the beginning, Rivian has been marketing its electric vehicles as “adventure vehicles”. They made an electric pickup truck that is good enough to do anything a gas-powered pickup can do and more, so it made sense to emphasize that with putting the vehicles in adventure scenarios.

One challenge in making that a reality is deploying charging infrastructure where the adventures are, which are – more often than not – in remote areas.

Rivian announced several charging networks to address that challenge: Rivian Waypoints and Rivian Adventure Network.

Under Rivian Waypoints, it is now partnering with Under Canvas to deploy charging stations directly at camp sites:

Today, Under Canvas and Rivian announced a first-of-its kind partnership between the two brands, with the addition of the electric vehicle maker and automotive technology company’s open-network Waypoints chargers to the upscale, outdoor hospitality brand’s camp locations. Rivian Waypoints will be available for guest use at Under Canvas Moab and Under Canvas Lake Powell-Grand Staircase in time for the 2022 season. The locations mark Under Canvas as Rivian’s first hospitality partner. The agreement supports both companies’ missions to make outdoor exploration more accessible and encourage people to adventure responsibly by reducing their carbon footprint while exploring the country’s most iconic national parks and monuments. The Rivian Waypoints chargers are exclusively for guest use during months of operation, and operational for all electric vehicles.
Under Canvas is known for its luxury camping sites at some of the most beautiful locations in the US, including Zion, Moab, Grand Canyon, and more.

Here are a few pictures of the chargers deployed at the Moab location:

May Lilley, Chief Marketing Officer of Under Canvas, commented on the partnership:

The fast-growing adoption of greener vehicles in an effort to reduce carbon emissions made our
decision to partner with Rivian to provide charging stations at our camps an obvious choice for both our guests and the environment. We’re thrilled to be adding another initiative to our efforts to support our mission and core values which include respect for the environment, allowing and supporting more responsible and sustainable adventure. In fact, we’re pleased to share that through Earth Day, guests of Under Canvas Moab or Lake Powell-Grand Staircase who visit and stay with us will enjoy charging their electric vehicles, on us.
While they are starting with these two sites, they plan to expand to more in the future.

Trent Warnke, Senior Director of Energy and Charging Solutions at Rivian, commented on the partnership:

Partnering with Under Canvas felt very natural as we both aim to inspire adventure and challenge
ourselves to do this in environmentally thoughtful ways. We look forward to integrating Under Canvas’ extraordinary campsites with our Waypoints charging network – a network that’s planned to have over 10,000 open-network chargers.
Like all charge points in the Rivian Waypoint network, the stations being deployed are level two stations, meant primarily for overnight charging.

For people familiar with Tesla’s charging infrastructure, it is the equivalent of Tesla’s Destination Charging network, which is primarily available at hotels.

https://evtraveller.com/rivian-part...the-us/?feed_id=9976&_unique_id=61e86179cba67

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
To the Atlanta area folks - has anyone driven by the service center recently? I was thinking of doing a drive-by next week just to check on progress, but if someone has been by recently then I won't waste my time.

Lionel_Hutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
I continue to be baffled at the absence of an announced San Diego retail/service location. It is probably a top-5 market in the country for Rivian--damn near 10-20% of the cars I see during any given commute are high-end EVs and another 10% are offroad rigs like Raptors and Defenders.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

To the Atlanta area folks - has anyone driven by the service center recently? I was thinking of doing a drive-by next week just to check on progress, but if someone has been by recently then I won't waste my time.
I haven't but look forward to seeing any updates. Thanks!
Sponsored