Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Have any southern NJ or Philadelphia service center's been identified?
30 pages is a lot to search through. It would be nice if the base posting got updated
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

One thing needed on this list — leadership that empowers and energizes the whole team, tackling the biggest problems and failures with boldness, taking risks, making sacrifices, embracing rejection, welcoming pain without complaints. There should be no corporate comfort zones. No subsidies. If a managerial culture takes over, a team led by managers…no epitaph needed, none.
Just need to line up employees and randomly sacrifice one out of 10 every time a deadline is missed, right? Go ancient roman on them.

Welcome the pain!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Just need to line up employees and randomly sacrifice one out of 10 every time a deadline is missed, right? Go ancient roman on them.

Welcome the pain!
Maybe a nice fishing trip with Fredo?... âš“

Last edited:

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Have any southern NJ or Philadelphia service center's been identified?
30 pages is a lot to search through. It would be nice if the base posting got updated
I've been waiting and watching for this info, but haven't seen anything. I've seen rumors about a King of Prussia location, but nothing concrete

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I've been waiting and watching for this info, but haven't seen anything. I've seen rumors about a King of Prussia location, but nothing concrete
I haven’t heard anything either but KoP makes sense for the NE extension and PA turnpike plus serving 5 million people in the greater Philadelphia area. Someone did say Rivian need to get the law changed to be able to open facilities in PA. If that is the case then NJ and DE would help cover the area.

Reactions: EdA

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
Drove past the Phoenix Location this past weekend they are making progress look like the plastic is down off the windows, they have 3-4 chargers mounted on the walls in the parking lot. From what I could see the drywall and paint look to be done inside. No signage yet but the permit was posted in the window so defiantly rivian service center. Now just have to wait another 6-9 months for R1S delivery.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 4Runner
I drove past the Denver Colorado service center today and was very excited to see two R1Ts charging outside, and three more on the truck, including my launch green color which just needs a wash before I get the keys! Getting closer!!
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 905CC92A-76B8-44B3-8AB2-CA533ABC6DC6
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 4A639BEF-5CCA-4C90-8FA2-C46F83154F9B
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 68AA9B35-6D36-46AC-8C1C-574DB8712445

Last edited:

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
I drove past the Denver Colorado service center today and was very excited to see two R1Ts charging outside, and three more on the truck, including my lunch green color which just needs a wash before I get the keys! Getting closer!!
Seems like we should be getting close to when reservation holders can be invited to see and test drive the trucks.... :).

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Just drove past the Atlanta service center around 2p. Many stacks of drywall outside. No other visible progress or workers on site. Atlanta's permitting site looks like only electrical left to be approved? Maybe some actual progress will start before the new year?! In line with my previous prediction of March / April earliest completion.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Just drove past the Atlanta service center around 2p. Many stacks of drywall outside. No other visible progress or workers on site. Atlanta's permitting site looks like only electrical left to be approved? Maybe some actual progress will start before the new year?! In line with my previous prediction of March / April earliest completion.
At this rate their new factory may be done before the Atlanta service center.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

At this rate their new factory may be done before the Atlanta service center.
That would assume they move efficiently with the new factory.

In my opinion, pretty much every step of the service center rollout has been bungled. I doubt the competence / experience of whoever was in charge of it.

Rivian vastly underestimated how long it would take to secure leases, permits, solicit contractors, etc. When they finally got going they were way behind the 8-ball.

A more cynical person, however, would argue this has gone exactly according to plan for Rivian. The trucks were not really ready when we were lead to believe they were last year and the service center slowdown was a good way to hide that.

Anyway, I'll take my monthly drive by the site in January and we shall see if anything has changed ?‍♂

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Welcome the pain!
Marine Corps perspective is officers eat last and lead from the front. Yes, in a managerial culture with no soul, it’s eventually back to Rome not in the Republic period but rather in the later Empire. Mission first and care of troops second only to the mission. My first concern is managerial inertia preventing creativity from surfacing. Rivian must risk failure to prevail.
Sponsored

Last edited: