RivianXpress

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Sprinter, Husky TE300 TPI, BMW R1250GSA
Occupation
Retired
https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-...its-preferred-cloud-provider-drive-efficiency

Shocking😉

Press release
Rivian Selects AWS as Its Preferred Cloud Provider to Drive Efficiency, Performance, and Refinement of Electric Vehicles

December 2, 2021 at 9:00 AM EST

Automaker uses breadth of AWS capabilities to aid vehicle engineering and deliver connected services, over-the-air software updates, and fleet management solutions at scale

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2, 2021-- Today, Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com, Inc. company (NASDAQ: AMZN), announced that electric vehicle maker Rivian (NASDAQ: RIVN) has selected AWS as its preferred cloud provider, deepening the companies’ existing relationship. Across its enterprise, the automaker applies AWS capabilities in analytics, compute, containers, and machine learning to help streamline its business and improve the performance of its customers’ electric vehicles—for battery range, driving experience, and owner experience—while simultaneously innovating the technological foundations for customers’ electric vehicle fleet management and more efficient vehicle charging. Rivian applies these innovations across its vehicle lines, including custom-built electric delivery vans (EDVs) for Amazon.com. Through these developments, Rivian aims to accelerate the consumer and commercial shift to electric vehicles and make transportation cleaner and more sustainable in accordance with its goals under The Climate Pledge.
Advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim-in-CA

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Telluride, T-Bird, R1S on Preorder
F89A745E-42E9-4814-9234-5D6C6955B780.jpeg

James

First Name
JAMES
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
Of course! Not sure if this particularly interesting to anyone else, but there was a Rivian talk at an AWS conference last year.

Decrease time to market!

Max

Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I am curious to see if I see TV suggestions on my amazon account if I talk about TVs with my wife on a road trip.

The more important question is; do we get the shipping free if we order R1T or R1S through Amazon?

SlaterGS

Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf
On one hand it was obviously expected and on the other hand I'm half surprised Rivian isn't trying to make their own cloud service since they want to control the entire Rivian ecosystem!

(obviously a joke in case someone thought I honestly believed they'd try and create their own cloud service)

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 Lexus GX
The real question is how long before we can just order an R1T on Amazon?

Advertisement

Advertisement