Sponsored

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Rivian just registered a new trademark "Rivian Scout" last month with the USPTO. The filing says that it's for the “maintenance, service, and repair of specialized electric automotive vehicles."

I was thinking could this be the name of the mobile service / maintenance vans that are sent to owner's vehicle location as part of the Rivian Remote Care?

Any other guesses what Rivian Scout could be?

Updated with another reasonable theory by @kurtlikevonnegut

I bet these will be specifically the off-road recovery and service teams that are part of the subscription as opposed to the mobile service teams that come to your house to make repairs.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN SCOUT trademarked for mobile service repair program / vehicles? rivian scout trademark
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Will the apprentices be called cub scouts? ?

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I bet these will be specifically the off-road recovery and service teams that are part of the subscription as opposed to the mobile service teams that come to your house to make repairs.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian just registered a new trademark "Rivian Scout" last month with the USPTO. The filing says that it's for the “maintenance, service, and repair of specialized electric automotive vehicles."
Darn! When I saw the headline I was hoping Rivian had somehow acquired the rights to the International Harvestor Scout name and were going to adaptthe name for a new Rivian vehicle…….

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That would be my first guess as well.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
AMAZON SCOUT

Earlier this year while picking up some legit MOD Pizza, saw a white Box van with a team of Amazon employees in an adjacent empty parking lot. Slowly drove by to check out what was in the truck, and it was about a handful of these Amazon Scouts apparently. ???

Wonder if those will only legally be allowed to operate in Little Boxes neighborhoods with sidewalks. Those of us who don't have sidewalks will need to continue dealing with delivery drivers ignoring my reflective metal sign I just ordered. Literally the day I put it up on our front yard gate (advising Attention - DOGS - all deliveries to back porch!) Some jackwad hurled a box up onto our front deck that had our new ceiling light on it like it was a piece of luggage at the airport. Luckily it was packed well and didn't break. ?‍♂

Last edited:

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Earlier this year while picking up some legit MOD Pizza, saw a white Box van with a team of Amazon employees in an adjacent empty parking lot. Slowly drove by to check out what was in the truck, and it was about a handful of these Amazon Scouts apparently. ???

Wonder if those will only legally be allowed to operate in Little Boxes neighborhoods with sidewalks. Those of us who don't have sidewalks will need to continue dealing with delivery drivers ignoring my reflective metal sign I just ordered. Literally the day I put it up on our front yard gate (advising Attention - DOGS - all deliveries to back porch!) Some jackwad hurled a box up onto our front deck that had our new ceiling light on it like it was a piece of luggage at the airport. Luckily it was packed well and didn't break. ?‍♂
I believe AMAZON is waiting for the FAA to approve drone based deliveries which when in place means that most orders will be delivered under an hour from when it was purchased on AMAZON.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect....11d-4f7b-95bc-c11c5f58a049&pf_rd_i=8037720011
Sponsored