mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Fair Enough haha you'd think a ribbon cutting ceremony meant a little bit more than just the start of a location ?
As you can see from the Google photo this facility is much more than a showroom. If they have leased the entire space it has the capacity to serve as service center and major hub.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! 1643393828598
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

As you can see from the Google photo this facility is much more than a showroom. If they have leased the entire space it has the capacity to serve as service center and major hub.
1643393828598.png

Yeap very familiar with the old location which is reason to get excited.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Have you heard from Rivian that Rockville will not cover Southern, MD? From St. Mary's County, MD (southern tip of MD) it's about 90 minutes to Rockville or 120 to Richmond.
I'm in Lexting Park(actually St. Mary's city) and would rather service my R1T through the Richmond location vs Rockville. For work I have two regional offices that I sometimes have to get equipment from. One in Richmond and the other in Hanover(by BWI). I much prefer the trip over the 301 bridge than going through Waldorf/around the Beltway.

MDMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3, '09 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Sales
I'm in Lexting Park(actually St. Mary's city) and would rather service my R1T through the Richmond location vs Rockville. For work I have two regional offices that I sometimes have to get equipment from. One in Richmond and the other in Hanover(by BWI). I much prefer the trip over the 301 bridge than going through Waldorf/around the Beltway.
I'm with you on driving the beltway, I grew up in NoVA but will only drive the beltway on weekends. Currently live in California - Wildewood. We saw our first R1T a few weeks ago, chased the owner down at Leonardtown Winery. What's your pre-order date? I've got one R1S from October of '19 and second R1S from September of '21, with expected delivery dates June-July of '22 and first half of '23.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Fair Enough haha you'd think a ribbon cutting ceremony meant a little bit more than just the start of a location ?
Iā€˜m sure they werenā€™t expecting forum sleuths to start showing up and nosing around. Honestly, their marketing team should be all over this and making reservation holders and potential new customers welcome. Iā€™m sure this will come with time.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Iā€˜m sure they werenā€™t expecting forum sleuths to start showing up and nosing around. Honestly, their marketing team should be all over this and making reservation holders and potential new customers welcome. Iā€™m sure this will come with time.
90% of pre order holders are not members of these forums. So they are unaware of centers opening in New York, Boston etc and they really should put a list on their website.

I hope this is a hub. My concern was if they were just going to do ā€œspecialā€ old building like a couple in California then that would cost more and take longer. This was taking an existing car dealership is quicker and reuses a bullring which is environmentally friendly.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

If it's a service center, people shouldn't be visiting unless its for repair. If it is a showroom, its missing a couple key things, like the trucks, and an announcement that they are open. The only "Hub" listed on their website currently is the one in Venice. I could see them being somewhat annoyed with people dropping by to look around when there is nothing to look at.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

If it's a service center, people shouldn't be visiting unless its for repair. If it is a showroom, its missing a couple key things, like the trucks, and an announcement that they are open. The only "Hub" listed on their website currently is the one in Venice. I could see them being somewhat annoyed with people dropping by to look around when there is nothing to look at.
People have dropped by the Phoenix and Denver service centers. People are starved of information and actually seeing or experiencing these vehicles - hence the clamor to see them.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

People have dropped by the Phoenix and Denver service centers. People are starved of information and actually seeing or experiencing these vehicles - hence the clamor to see them.
I understand that, I'd like to see a truck too. But right now, it really doesn't sound like it is set up to receive visitors.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
90% of pre order holders are not members of these forums. So they are unaware of centers opening in New York, Boston etc and they really should put a list on their website.

I hope this is a hub. My concern was if they were just going to do ā€œspecialā€ old building like a couple in California then that would cost more and take longer. This was taking an existing car dealership is quicker and reuses a bullring which is environmentally friendly.
From what Rivian has said, customers should never have to go to a service center. Repair techs come to you, and if necessary, they bring your vehicle to a service center.

Rivian will eventually advertise ā€œhubsā€ just like they do with Venice. Right now they have enough orders. They are focused on getting service/delivery infrastructure in place.

Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm with you on driving the beltway, I grew up in NoVA but will only drive the beltway on weekends. Currently live in California - Wildewood. We saw our first R1T a few weeks ago, chased the owner down at Leonardtown Winery. What's your pre-order date? I've got one R1S from October of '19 and second R1S from September of '21, with expected delivery dates June-July of '22 and first half of '23.
I ordered a LE R1T in 12/15/ā€˜18 and have a March-April delivery. I ordered a Max pack R1T a couple of months ago in case I donā€™t think the large pack doesnā€™t have enough range. Delivery for that is second half of ā€˜23.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
From what Rivian has said, customers should never have to go to a service center. Repair techs come to you, and if necessary, they bring your vehicle to a service center.

Rivian will eventually advertise ā€œhubsā€ just like they do with Venice. Right now they have enough orders. They are focused on getting service/delivery infrastructure in place.
I agree about pestering the service folks but I do understand the desire for info. I have a March-April delivery window and would actually like to at least see the colors in person before I have to make a final decision.

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
1643393828598.png
8 miles from my house. I'm psyched! Closer than the Tesla shop!! The small building @ 1350 Rockville Pike (next to McDonalds) is the old BMW dealership. They recently abandoned that for the new BMW palace they built next door.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I agree about pestering the service folks but I do understand the desire for info. I have a March-April delivery window and would actually like to at least see the colors in person before I have to make a final decision.

X2 haven't seen any colors period and still kind of wondering.

MDMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3, '09 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Sales
I ordered a LE R1T in 12/15/ā€˜18 and have a March-April delivery. I ordered a Max pack R1T a couple of months ago in case I donā€™t think the large pack doesnā€™t have enough range. Delivery for that is second half of ā€˜23.
Other than the rather generic e-mail with estimated date, have you heard from Rivian about finalizing details? I was hoping they would do a First Mile event for the DC/MD/VA area but I haven't seen anything. Budds Creek, MD would be a great location. :)
Sponsored