This should be it.

1300 Rockville Pike in Rockville, MD
Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Everybody move right. Yeah, into the shadow from the sign. There we go. Now leave your masks on and say... whatever. Bob, do you have that random red piece of plastic. Someone get Bob the red plastic and the spike. Okay George, hands in your pocket. No like this. Great. You in the green, hands in your pocket too. Alright are we occluding the Rivians? Good, and did we pick colors that won't pop on film? Great! I think we're ready to go. Just let me move waaaaay back so I can't see any of your faces, and I'll stand tall so you can see my shadow in the frame. - GOT IT!

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Google as of june 21 does not match up
1643384364363.png

1643384327924.png

That is the NEW BMW location, the old one is the address listed below and above.

Sponsored

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
On another thread someone who talked with the contractors finishing up in Richmond said they were going to Delaware next.
I am in the Philadelphia suburbs so northern DE works since PA still doesn’t allow service/delivery centers for Rivian.

Would be good for Rivian, like Lucid, to put in their website where these centers are or soon will be.
Same. I'm 15min from Delaware so I would love to see a center in the area. If PA doesn't allow Rivian service/delivery, is it a company by company rule? I only ask because Tesla has a 'store' in Berwyn/Devon.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Same. I'm 15min from Delaware so I would love to see a center in the area. If PA doesn't allow Rivian service/delivery, is it a company by company rule? I only ask because Tesla has a 'store' in Berwyn/Devon.
I think right now Tesla has an "exemption" for having a dealer network, the only manufacturer to do so in Pennsylvania. I think Rivian has been lobbying/campaigning for the same exemption. Unfortunately I wouldn't be shocked if we have to go to neighboring states for service.

Reactions: Guy

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
Yeah, I agree with having to travel for service. Not a big deal. I have a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in hybrid and had to buy it in NJ. Service on the other hand is minimal and haven't had to deal with any specialized service yet.

Sponsored

MDMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3, '09 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Sales
Everybody move right. Yeah, into the shadow from the sign. There we go. Now leave your masks on and say... whatever. Bob, do you have that random red piece of plastic. Someone get Bob the red plastic and the spike. Okay George, hands in your pocket. No like this. Great. You in the green, hands in your pocket too. Alright are we occluding the Rivians? Good, and did we pick colors that won't pop on film? Great! I think we're ready to go. Just let me move waaaaay back so I can't see any of your faces, and I'll stand tall so you can see my shadow in the frame. - GOT IT!
Yes I think this should cover DC, northern Virginia, and the western shore of Maryland except southern Maryland which should be covered by Richmond.

Thanks @kanundrum!!!:like:
Give us more details though!
Where is it?
Are they ready to start making deliveries from this site?
How many of those people are employed there?
Is it the building behind them with the glass wall? If so could this also be a hub location?
Did you talk with anyone from the team? I bet you did and you took the pics ;)
Have you heard from Rivian that Rockville will not cover Southern, MD? From St. Mary's County, MD (southern tip of MD) it's about 90 minutes to Rockville or 120 to Richmond.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Have you heard from Rivian that Rockville will ot cover Southern, MD? From St. Mary's County, MD (southern tip of MD) it's about 90 minutes to Rockville or 120 to Richmond.

It's only an assumption but for now they will.

mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Curiosity got the best of me so I drove down to the Pike. kanundrum My apologies and so much for my geographic savvy. Below is the photo of one of the Rivian roll offs sitting out front. The photo is geotagged. I was greeted by 3 of the people in the photograph you posted dressed in Rivian T attire. No other info was provided. While they did not ask me to leave it was obvious they were not receiving customers. I suggest you change the title of your post to "Opening Soon". Thanks for the update. You've got a good source!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! PXL_20220128_170655562

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Curiosity got the best of me so I drove down to the Pike. kanundrum My apologies and so much for my geographic savvy. Below is the photo of one of the Rivian roll offs sitting out front. The photo is geotagged. I was greeted by 3 of the people in the photograph you posted dressed in Rivian T attire. No other info was provided. While they did not ask me to leave it was obvious they were not receiving customers. I suggest you change the title of your post to "Opening Soon". Thanks for the update. You've got a good source!

PXL_20220128_170655562.jpg
Fair Enough haha you'd think a ribbon cutting ceremony meant a little bit more than just the start of a location ?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck