Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rockville, 2.27.22

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Went by a few times last week actually with nothing to report. Really wondering what's their plan with that building or wherever they settle.
Sponsored

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
I also passed by a couple times last week nothing much going on. The only thing of interest I saw was they were loading or unloading a white Toyota 4 runner off or on one of the flatbed trucks.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I also passed by a couple times last week nothing much going on. The only thing of interest I saw was they were loading or unloading a white Toyota 4 runner off or on one of the flatbed trucks.
Trade in process I'm guessing unless an employee broke down lol

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
The optimist in me says they're preparing / practicing to deliver some Rivians next month with mine a few months thereafter. That or they're just sitting on their hands burning the massive pile of cash on Rivian's balance sheet. Don't worry for them though; it's about $20 billion, so it'll take a bit before they run out.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
So in this week's Rivian AMA IG stories someone asked where all of the service centers are located and they showed a map. It did not include Rockville. Richmond was on the map. Does that mean Rockville is only temporary or just being used as a delivery hub? Odd they would leave it off the map.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So in this week's Rivian AMA IG stories someone asked where all of the service centers are located and they showed a map. It did not include Rockville. Richmond was on the map. Does that mean Rockville is only temporary or just being used as a delivery hub? Odd they would leave it off the map.

That is correct, it is not a customer facing location therefore is not officially on the map, I am not sure what Rivians idea/plan is but they have it as a tempo location. Honestly its a brilliant location they need to make permanent.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
That is correct, it is not a customer facing location therefore is not officially on the map, I am not sure what Rivians idea/plan is but they have it as a tempo location. Honestly its a brilliant location they need to make permanent.
Agree and it doesn’t make sense to not have a DMV location. Richmond is 90 minutes from NOVA and longer from the MD suburbs. There could be an issue with a long term lease at that location or maybe they are keeping their options open to put it somewhere else.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Agree and it doesn’t make sense to not have a DMV location. Richmond is 90 minutes from NOVA and longer from the MD suburbs. There could be an issue with a long term lease at that location or maybe they are keeping their options open to put it somewhere else.
I too am in NOVA and CS told me on the phone likely this was my engagement location for service/delivery compared to Richmond…just a singular data point though…

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I was just planning to post this, it's funny that the topic came up today...... I have to send my truck in for service and they told me it needs to go to Richmond as Rockville is mobile service only. That was news to me.

In any case, such a waste to send a flatbed to pick up the truck and cart it to Richmond to in turn send it to a body shop.

Reactions: Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I had a launch green sighting in Catonsville MD yesterday and a white up north a month ago so they are definitly delivering.

Sponsored

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
I had a launch green sighting in Catonsville MD yesterday and a white up north a month ago so they are definitly delivering.
Saw a Rivian Blue on the beltway yesterday and a white a couple of weeks ago. Nice to see some Rivians in the area. Can't wait for the R1Ss to start showing up.

Jiri

First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 1983 Defender, 1999 Defender, Tesla Model 3
That was me :) Heading to the go-cart track.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
That was me :) Heading to the go-cart track.
The white or green? regardless of which one it was, I am the creepy dude in your gear guard videos walking around the vehicle drooling. You may even have my wife in the background as she kept telling me that is enough, let’s go. I hope you are not having any of the issues others have. I need more positive stories to stay excited.

Jiri

First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 1983 Defender, 1999 Defender, Tesla Model 3
The white or green? regardless of which one it was, I am the creepy dude in your gear guard videos walking around the vehicle drooling. You may even have my wife in the background as she kept telling me that is enough, let’s go. I hope you are not having any of the issues others have. I need more positive stories to stay excited.
Absolutely love the truck. Having some paperwork issues. But the vehicle exceeds high expectations. On forums you will always see more of the negative experiences :)

• Love

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
The guy that did my First Mile yesterday said he and the truck came from Rockville which, for now, is limited to that sort of thing but that within a couple of years there will be a couple of SC in the DC area one of which will be the Rockville location, one in DC and pehaps a third out near Dulles. I seem to remember discussion of a location out in Herndon from a couple of years ago.
Sponsored