First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
The guy that did my First Mile yesterday said he and the truck came from Rockville which, for now, is limited to that sort of thing but that within a couple of years there will be a couple of SC in the DC area one of which will be the Rockville location, one in DC and pehaps a third out near Dulles. I seem to remember discussion of a location out in Herndon from a couple of years ago.
Did a guide contact you after your first mile mobile drive? I had a guide assigned to me the evening after my 1st mile mobile drive.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Did a guide contact you after your first mile mobile drive? I had a guide assigned to me the evening after my 1st mile mobile drive.
Not yet. Yesterday was Saturday so I'm not too surprised. He did say that it seemed strange that I had heard nothing because I put down my deposit way back in '19 (right after the announcement) but I had ordered the Max. I did accept their offer to change to the large to get the truck earlier. He said he'd make a note of this and that the notes were reviewed by the higher ups so I am sure RJ will see to it first thing tomorrow.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
M
Not yet. Yesterday was Saturday so I'm not too surprised. He did say that it seemed strange that I had heard nothing because I put down my deposit way back in '19 (right after the announcement) but I had ordered the Max. I did accept their offer to change to the large to get the truck earlier. He said he'd make a note of this and that the notes were reviewed by the higher ups so I am sure RJ will see to it first thing tomorrow.
Place my order for a R1S September 2019 and in January of this year I switched to a R1T. Then in April I switch from Ocean Coast to Black Mountain interior, First mile on 19 April and my truck was delivered June 1st. So hopefully you’ll hear from Guide this week‘s.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Is there still going to be a DE SC?

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
Oh, sorry. My ancient eyes read DE as DC. He didn’t say anything about anywhere other than DC metro area.

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The guy that did my First Mile yesterday said he and the truck came from Rockville which, for now, is limited to that sort of thing but that within a couple of years there will be a couple of SC in the DC area one of which will be the Rockville location, one in DC and pehaps a third out near Dulles. I seem to remember discussion of a location out in Herndon from a couple of years ago.
Great to hear that there will be good DC Metro area service center coverage! I remember when the Tesla Tysons location was the only service center in the area and it was absolutely overwhelmed all the time.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Is there still going to be a DE SC?
I have done some searching and mentioned it to my delivery driver from the Rockville location and so far I cannot find or confirm any Delaware service center as of yet...

I had heard of a rumored location at the old Boxwood Rd. GM plant now Amazon but the county parcel search isn't finding any land transfers to Rivian. Perhaps they use a different Company to purchase/file under?

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I have done some searching and mentioned it to my delivery driver from the Rockville location and so far I cannot find or confirm any Delaware service center as of yet...

I had heard of a rumored location at the old Boxwood Rd. GM plant now Amazon but the county parcel search isn't finding any land transfers to Rivian. Perhaps they use a different Company to purchase/file under?
On the Richmond SC thread it had been mentioned that one of the contractors who outfitted that facility said they were going to work in DE but that was many months ago and nothing mentioned. DE or NJ makes sense since PA is unavailable due to legal issues for now. Having just four SCs covering from NC to Maine is ridiculous.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
Having just four SCs covering from NC to Maine is ridiculous.
Would you have preferred that they started delivering with the 4 or that they waited until they had more?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Would you have preferred that they started delivering with the 4 or that they waited until they had more?
Of course start with the four but that is a false choice. I would have preferred they did what Lucid did (on much lower projected volumes) and open more hubs and SCs quicker. They could have done it since they expected to start last summer and one year later we have ONE hub and twenty SCs (some of which are temporary). Better planning and execution would help.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

So can you actually take delivery at the Richmond SC, or do they only deliver from there? My guide says that’s where my truck is right now. Is almost rather go there & pick it up, because issues.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
So can you actually take delivery at the Richmond SC, or do they only deliver from there? My guide says that’s where my truck is right now. Is almost rather go there & pick it up, because issues.
One of the days I was there for service there was person form Norfolk taking delivery at the SC.
Sponsored