First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Other than the rather generic e-mail with estimated date, have you heard from Rivian about finalizing details? I was hoping they would do a First Mile event for the DC/MD/VA area but I haven't seen anything. Budds Creek, MD would be a great location. :)
Budds Creek would actually be perfect. 1/4 mile drag strip and MX track right next door.

I had a chat with CS last week but they didnā€™t have any specific answers. I told them I would like to do a test drive and would like to see certain colors in person. They told me they would put me at the top of the list for any upcoming events. I doubt that will happen before I take delivery. Iā€™ll probably stick with El Cap as itā€™s very similar to the gray of my Ram. My departed M5, Model Y were gray as is my current M2.

I donā€™t mind not getting a test drive because Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be just like everyone is reporting. Iā€™m no stranger to buying cars without test driving them.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! 11D65EBC-3EAB-4123-A02F-0BF9B92963BE
Sponsored

Last edited:

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm with you on driving the beltway, I grew up in NoVA but will only drive the beltway on weekends. Currently live in California - Wildewood. We saw our first R1T a few weeks ago, chased the owner down at Leonardtown Winery. What's your pre-order date? I've got one R1S from October of '19 and second R1S from September of '21, with expected delivery dates June-July of '22 and first half of '23.
Hello neighbor, Iā€™m in Hollywood. Iā€™ll have to be on the lookout for an R1T around here I guess.

MDMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3, '09 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Sales
Hello neighbor, Iā€™m in Hollywood. Iā€™ll have to be on the lookout for an R1T around here I guess.
The R1T that was spotted in L-Town belongs to a Rivian employee who works at the plant but was in Mechanicsville visiting family. It sounds like Erik who lives in St. Mary's City may be the first local owner as his order date was in December of '18 and expected delivery date is March or April.

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I"m in PA but also spend a lot of time in the Bethesda/Rockville area, will check this out for sure when I'm there and it's "open" if it's not just a service center.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
Itā€™s the Old BMW dealership next to Best Buy 1300 Rockville Pike.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! D591DB35-53A1-4124-A42B-DCD8E8AB9093

Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
It is the old BMW dealership on Rockville Pike.

Address: 1300 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland

@Wags

From Eric O who stopped by 5 min ago

Just contractors working on the space plus two delivery flat bed trucks, and a solar paneled security camera.
What happened to the BMW dealership?

I actually bought 2 BMWs from that dealership back in the day....

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They moved to a brand new location a few blocks away.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter

They just moved A few blocks south, still on Rockville Pike

Smiley1018

First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC, VW, Ram, Porsche
I'm about an hour from Philadelphia, also have a vacation property in Delaware. I'm more than happy to take delivery in Delaware, since it feels like "Pennsylvania as usual" politics will be delaying Rivian physical deliveries in Pennsylvania till who knows when.....
Iā€™m sitting in PA 2 hrs north of Philadelphia and 1.5 hrs west of nyc. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever see my Rivian. Although I could use an address in DE as well. Not sure how to switch it

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
They just moved A few blocks south, still on Rockville Pike
I drove by today to refresh my memory. Although it is only 8 miles from my house I don't go up the Pike that often. There is a "for sale or lease" sign out front (https://hrretail.com/properties/1300-1396-rockville-pike/). If I had to guess, Rivian just closed on the sale or signed a lease, so it will probably be some time before it is "open". The property includes the showroom, parking garage and an 18 bay service facility.

Sponsored

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I drove by today to refresh my memory. Although it is only 8 miles from my house I don't go up the Pike that often. There is a "for sale or lease" sign out front (https://hrretail.com/properties/1300-1396-rockville-pike/). If I had to guess, Rivian just closed on the sale or signed a lease, so it will probably be some time before it is "open". The property includes the showroom, parking garage and an 18 bay service facility.
Seems like a good move for Rivian. This location should be sufficient for entirety of DC metro service. Swap out a few logos, install several level 2 chargers, move in any special equipment to the service center and off you go.

Should be open in 2 months which means there's still a chance I get to see an R1 vehicle prior to confirming my order!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m sitting in PA 2 hrs north of Philadelphia and 1.5 hrs west of nyc. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever see my Rivian. Although I could use an address in DE as well. Not sure how to switch it
You can add a second address to your account profile. I'm assuming I can take delivery in either state, did not discuss with Rivian yet.

Log in to your Rivian.com account, click on your account profile initials at the bottom, click "addresses" in the left menu, click "add address."
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! 1643676087033
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! 1643676111219

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
I am in Central PA well within 200 mi of Brooklyn and Rockville. The glacial pace of Harrisburg politics is not going to thaw anytime soon despite my persistant harassment. But they cant stop me from driving to these service centers to pickup my pickup. I think Rivian knows the deal for PA and other absurd states. My LE R1T window is May/June, commensurate with reservation dates from more ā€œenlightenedā€ markets.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Seems like a good move for Rivian. This location should be sufficient for entirety of DC metro service. Swap out a few logos, install several level 2 chargers, move in any special equipment to the service center and off you go.

Should be open in 2 months which means there's still a chance I get to see an R1 vehicle prior to confirming my order!
Agree it should take 2-3 months but this is Rivian with many examples of a lack of urgency. So I think nearer six months. We will see. This should be a hub too, unless their desire for old renovated buildings takes over.

Smiley1018

First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC, VW, Ram, Porsche
How would you go about changing your delivery location. Iā€™m close to DE and would like to take delivery there then transfer to PA since there are no delivery centers planned for PA that I know of?
Sponsored