Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is now there! Delivery is scheduled for Monday. Think I can go 6 days without sleep?
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is now there! Delivery is scheduled for Monday. Think I can go 6 days without sleep?
Plans changed.... Now this Friday!!! Only 3 sleepless nights to go.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
I wonder if that was your truck on the car carrier I took a picture of this morning. Red canyon with 21 inch wheels

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Rockville, MD Location is Now Open! C07AB9E7-01CC-49CD-BA3E-782D5DD29991

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if that was your truck on the car carrier I took a picture of this morning. Red canyon with 21 inch wheels

C07AB9E7-01CC-49CD-BA3E-782D5DD29991.jpeg
Very well could be. I'm just going to assume it is as I continue to stare at the picture.

Sponsored

jmarx34

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse
I want to drop by just to see some of the colors in person. Does anyone know if the Rockville center is open on Saturdays? And if so, what the hours are?

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
They are open on Saturdays. But they are not a front facing center. Meaning you can’t stop by and see vehicles or anything like that, it’s deliveries and service only. With that said when I pass by yesterday they actually had a rivian blue R1T in the front window.

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
They are open on Saturdays. But they are not a front facing center. Meaning you can’t stop by and see vehicles or anything like that, it’s deliveries and service only. With that said when I pass by yesterday they actually had a rivian blue R1T in the front window.
That blue R1T might be the one I drove for my 1stMile.

jmarx34

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse
yup, understood that it's not a showroom. but figured if they have a handful on the lot, i can just take some looks with the wife so we can confirm R1S color. the online photos for certain colors (ie- canyon red) always look very different.

bezita

First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
Clubs

Just picked up my R1T this morning in Rockville. Delivery guide was very friendly. Smooth process overall. There was a blue one inside the building which he said was the demo vehicle and a silver one in the lot which belongs to an employee. When I arrived, there was a Glacier White on a flat bed that was just about to leave to be delivered in Delaware.

He did tell me that location is temporary and they will move to Gaithersburg eventually. Didn't asked when though.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Just picked up my R1T this morning in Rockville. Delivery guide was very friendly. Smooth process overall. There was a blue one inside the building which he said was the demo vehicle and a silver one in the lot which belongs to an employee. When I arrived, there was a Glacier White on a flat bed that was just about to leave to be delivered in Delaware.

He did tell me that location is temporary and they will move to Gaithersburg eventually. Didn't asked when though.
Congrats and thanks for the report. Now it is time to enjoy it.

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T

My truck has already had to be taken to Richmond for service, and the flatbed driver confirmed that the temporary Rockville location has been sold and they would be moving, but he didn't know when or where

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
To be economical, they're going to need a DC location that's closer than Gaithersburg. It's funny how much focus is in other parts of the country, just not so much here.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
My truck has already had to be taken to Richmond for service, and the flatbed driver confirmed that the temporary Rockville location has been sold and they would be moving, but he didn't know when or where
That makes more sense than what they told me ("it is a temporary location and anything that requires a lift can't be done there"). My truck will be going to Brooklyn in September to have a number of things addressed. That is where they picked as I am in the middle of 3 centers, Brooklyn, Richmond (same distance to the minute), and Cleveland. The really odd thing is that for mobile service (they are bringing me my spare), that comes out of Cleveland, which is an hour further away than the other two centers.. Seems like Rivian still has some service issues to work out.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
the flatbed driver confirmed that the temporary Rockville location has been sold and they would be moving,
That sucks. I was hoping the Rockville location would be a permanent delivery/service center for selfish reasons. Its easy to access from the highways and close (for me :))... That said, with my R1S now projected to be next year, my interest in wandering over to check out the colors and see how R1Ts look has waned as well.

I do expect Rivian to open up a location somewhere near the MD/DC/NOVA region to augment the one in Richmond as there is just too many potential customers here to overlook
Sponsored