LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Venting frustration here about the utter lack of a meaningful response from emailing Customer Service. All I ever get back is the auto-bot reply within a minute acknowledging my email inquiry and saying "We'll do our best to reply within 24-48 business hours." For me that's proven to be just hogwash.

I can think of 3 topics that I tried emailing Rivian about in the past couple of months. I don't think that's excessive, about one email attempt a month. I have yet to get any kind of email reply that was typed-out by a human. Not even a classic no-answer answer in Rivianese.

:mad:
Sponsored

Last edited:

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Same. Chat is usually at least responsive, if, as you mentioned, only providing non-answers.

In fact, I don't think I have yet to get a useful response to any inquiry from customer support. They are all very nice over chat.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Venting frustration here about the utter lack of a meaningful response from emailing Customer Service. All I ever get back is the auto-bot reply within a minute acknowledging my email inquiry and saying "We'll do our best to reply within 24-48 business hours." For me that's proven to be just hogwash.

I can think of 3 topics that I tried emailing Rivian about in the past couple of months. I don't think that's excessive, about one email attempt a month. I have yet to get any kind of email reply that was typed-out by a human. Not even a classic no-answer answer in Rivianese.

:mad:
I agree, last year was pretty good, last couple of months not. I sent a question last month, never heard back until 5 days later when I replied to the bot response asking for an update to the question. Last week I sent an email asking about something in the portable charger manual, have heard nothing going on 6 days.

Joninrye

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have sent Rivian exactly one email in the past 3+ years (last week).

No response.

Not a huge deal really, but it doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence that they are running a real buttoned-up organization currently.

Reactions: Rad

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I have sent Rivian exactly one email in the past 3+ years (last week).

No response.

Not a huge deal really, but it doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence that they are running a real buttoned-up organization currently.
Eh from what i've seen once people have the car they respond fast which is what actually matters.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Eh from what i've seen once people have the car they respond fast which is what actually matters.
I actually think it's the opposite: If someone has your product, you have their money. Keeping them happy is great for the long term, but . . .

If you are non-responsive to prospective customers, then you may never get their money.

That's why when you're starting a company you focus on getting your product right, then on building out your sales channels, then your support staff. No reason to have support, if you don't have customers.

To the topic at hand: I sent one email to CS, got a response like a week later that didn't address the actual question i asked.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My guide has been pretty responsive.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I actually think it's the opposite: If someone has your product, you have their money. Keeping them happy is great for the long term, but . . .

If you are non-responsive to prospective customers, then you may never get their money.

That's why when you're starting a company you focus on getting your product right, then on building out your sales channels, then your support staff. No reason to have support, if you don't have customers.

To the topic at hand: I sent one email to CS, got a response like a week later that didn't address the actual question i asked.
Yeah - I disagree. I don't think there should be a high priority answering random questions, especially via email. I think once the SCs start opening that'll be a source for answering most questions. I think it's a bit weird to see people posting " talked with the CS on chat today, learned that if you park the car at North North West angle the shadow pattern looks like a shoe". I'm being a bit facetious but almost every time I see those posts it has no impact on me and feels like more of people just being impatient. Almost everyone will have their real impressions once they drive the car. I've never gone to a dealership and had a sales person actually know more than I could find online anyway, so really nothing new.

Once you get a guide hopefully they answer everything you want to know but up until then I don't think it's fruitful.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

They have been responsive when I emailed them but I haven’t repeatedly contacted them like some on here are prone to do.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Is it really too much to ask that Rivian actually behaves the way their own auto-bot reply says that they do? Is that truly unreasonable to people?

Why not just update the auto-bot reply to say, "We see that you emailed us. Must be your first time. We ignore these emails because it takes some effort to deal with it. We are too busy handling the CS chat service. It takes time for us to generate the longwinded gibberish replies that are very polite yet utterly useless. Thanks again for emailing us. We won't be emailing you. Looking forward to sharing your electric adventures!"

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Yeah - I disagree. I don't think there should be a high priority answering random questions, especially via email. I think once the SCs start opening that'll be a source for answering most questions. I think it's a bit weird to see people posting " talked with the CS on chat today, learned that if you park the car at North North West angle the shadow pattern looks like a shoe". I'm being a bit facetious but almost every time I see those posts it has no impact on me and feels like more of people just being impatient. Almost everyone will have their real impressions once they drive the car. I've never gone to a dealership and had a sales person actually know more than I could find online anyway, so really nothing new.

Once you get a guide hopefully they answer everything you want to know but up until then I don't think it's fruitful.
I think on some level we're saying the same thing, and I definitely agree that there are a lot of folks who are just wasting CS's time.

They are either asking questions to which there is no answer, or can easily be answered here (if it's feature related).

Or they are asking for an update on delivery windows, which the CS rep isn't going to know any more than what the screen in front of them says. So, yes impatience is real.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I have only sent the following email on March 1. Response was surprisingly quick and decisive.

Dearest Rivian,

This afternoons‘ communication was a horrible way to treat your preorder holders. It also happens to be consistent in that Rivian’s communications have been no different since the start of this company.

So what does one get for a 20% price gouge? Earlier delivery? Bigger battery max pack?

I couldn’t even get a First Mile invite despite living 5 miles from the Denver Rivian facility.

Based on what I am seeing online, a bulk of Rivian deposit holders have already cancelled in a short 3 hours since this love letter.

Worse, Rivian sends out this bombshell after market close so us stockholders can’t adjust.

Double low blow.

Please advise.

Yours truly,

Moose

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I agree, last year was pretty good, last couple of months not. I sent a question last month, never heard back until 5 days later when I replied to the bot response asking for an update to the question. Last week I sent an email asking about something in the portable charger manual, have heard nothing going on 6 days.
It seems that they’ve shifted a lot of the first level CS to their Irvine office, with lots of new people. Previously all customer service was in Normal.

I think a lot of those more knowledgeable people are now Guides.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I have only sent the following email on March 1. Response was surprisingly quick and decisive.

Dearest Rivian,

This afternoons‘ communication was a horrible way to treat your preorder holders. It also happens to be consistent in that Rivian’s communications have been no different since the start of this company.

So what does one get for a 20% price gouge? Earlier delivery? Bigger battery max pack?

I couldn’t even get a First Mile invite despite living 5 miles from the Denver Rivian facility.

Lastly, based on what I am seeing online, a bulk of Rivian deposit holders have already cancelled in a short 3 hours since this love letter.

Worse, Rivian sends out this bombshell after market close so us stockholders can’t adjust.

Double low blow.

Please advise.

Yours truly,

Moose
I'm hoping you're sarcastic but if not.. people sending them stuff like this doesn't help. You're just wasting their time and taking away from real questions.

The amount of complaining and basic questions CS has to sort through is likely astronomical. It's like going into a Starbucks, ordering a coffee, and then complaining to the barista about the Starbucks logo or where they get their beans. What do you think they do there??

CS answers questions from a manual that has information that is already available/has been discussed. They can look at basic information on your account. That's it.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Again, I'm not commenting on the adequacy of a Rivian email response. Talking about the absence of it entirely.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad