Maybe take this to a PM?
Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Do you mean this Consumer Report from February 5 of this year:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...tion/car-brands-ranked-by-owner-satisfaction/

This is the Consumer Report that ranked the Tesla Model 3 as the NUMBER ONE car for owner satisfaction. It was the third year in a row in which Tesla got the top ranking.

I'm mystified why owners would be so satisfied with a car which the manufacturer does not back up.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe take this to a PM?
Tesla is being trashed on the open board. Why can't it be defended in the same place? This same guy has also made claims that Tesla is on the brink of bankruptcy -- another false claim.

I hope Rivian is not going to let this forum become a platform for people trying to attack its competitors with false information. Rivian shows every promise of producing vehicles that will stand on their own without such tactics.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Tesla is being trashed on the open board. Why can't it be defended in the same place? This same guy has also made claims that Tesla is on the brink of bankruptcy -- another false claim.

I hope Rivian is not going to let this forum become a platform for people trying to attack its competitors with false information. Rivian shows every promise of producing vehicles that will stand on their own without such tactics.
I understand that you have the right to defend Tesla and I appreciate your views and experiences, but the bickering is detracting from this community. This is just my opinion, of course. And since this forum isn't run by, associated with, or affiliated with Rivian, it is up to us, as users, to ensure this forum remains open to views and opinions from many different vantage points. This includes those that are not big fans of Tesla, and those that have a positive view of the Palo Alto company.
In no way am I taking sides in this argument, but Elon Musk himself has stated more than once that the company was just days from bankruptcy.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have seen some of my other posts, you will know that I have some issues with Tesla, particularly regarding design choices -- and that I have a deposit on a Rivian. I have also posted that I am not a big fan of Musk as either a businessman or communicator (although I do think he's a tech visionary). If one relies on every hyperbolic claim Musk makes, one can get very confused about reality. While Tesla skirted with financial collapse early on (as have most EV start-ups), the stock and bond markets and most analysts, however, think the company is fairly stable these days. In recent years, it's stock has never been priced to indicate serious fears of bankruptcy.

I have no problem with people expressing different opinions on a wide range of subjects. I just get impatient with sweeping claims for which no credible sources can be cited.

Last edited:

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester