Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
what's CARB approve with a BEV?
I think they need that to sell in CA, I think it is also required to be able to request to be part of the EV rebate program in CA.

I do see the R1T listed as eligible for the carpool sticker program in CA but not the R1S yet

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian receives all regulatory approvals and can now be sold & delivered in all 50 states:  ITS HAPPENING! 0674C430-765D-4631-A139-8A7417572115
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think they need that to sell in CA, I think it is also required to be able to request to be part of the EV rebate program in CA.

I do see the R1T listed as eligible for the carpool sticker program in CA but not the R1S yet

0674C430-765D-4631-A139-8A7417572115.jpeg
Ah. that makes sense. I was thinking about it from emissions. Thanks!

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
One step closer. A great bit of news. I don't much care for the 100 delivered for the month of September though, 100 per day aggregate would be better, ahh much better. Congratulations to RJ and all the Rivian team for the monumental accomplishment.
100 delivered in september is a hundred delivered in ~2 weeks given that they rolled the first one off the line yesterday. Not so bad. It will only pick up speed

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
This has me super excited. I just drove a Taycan 5k miles cross country and we loved it, there will be some trade offs for the r1t and I’m sure my name is towards the bottom of the list but, still, haven’t been this excited in a while.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
It all makes sense now. No reason to reach out to thousands of people when they were still waiting for government approval. Now guides can actually start contacting customers. The contacts in June were random and just a show. Now they will have hard delivery dates for us.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It all makes sense now. No reason to reach out to thousands of people when they were still waiting for government approval. Now guides can actually start contacting customers. The contacts in June were random and just a show. Now they will have hard delivery dates for us.
Meh, I suspect they thought they were closer than they were and then had to put the breaks on things at the last minute. Giving them the benefit of the doubt though.

Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

CNBC wrote, "A Rivian spokeswoman confirmed that the vehicles being produced are saleable. She declined to discuss the company's plans for ramping-up production, including how many trucks were produced Tuesday, and who will be the first customers to receive the vehicles."

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
"The company is aiming to deliver 100 units in the month of September, Bloomberg reported at the end of August."

Not sure if we'd seen any news around the actual number of vehicles Rivian planned to deliver this month?
They probably got that number from here ?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
what's CARB approve with a BEV?
Tongue-in-cheekness acknowledged... But CARB certifies the emissions class of any mass manufactured vehicle for sale in California.

In other words, it's aint a BEV unless CARB has looked at it and agreed it was a BEV.

There's some wiggle room out there that you want an authority to weigh in on.
E.g. the BMW i3 with Range Extender is a car propelled solely by electric motors fed from on board batteries, but it also has a tailpipe.
Sponsored