SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
IT
what's CARB approve with a BEV?
I think they need that to sell in CA, I think it is also required to be able to request to be part of the EV rebate program in CA.

I do see the R1T listed as eligible for the carpool sticker program in CA but not the R1S yet

0674C430-765D-4631-A139-8A7417572115.jpeg
Advertisement

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think they need that to sell in CA, I think it is also required to be able to request to be part of the EV rebate program in CA.

I do see the R1T listed as eligible for the carpool sticker program in CA but not the R1S yet

0674C430-765D-4631-A139-8A7417572115.jpeg
Ah. that makes sense. I was thinking about it from emissions. Thanks!

Last edited:

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
One step closer. A great bit of news. I don't much care for the 100 delivered for the month of September though, 100 per day aggregate would be better, ahh much better. Congratulations to RJ and all the Rivian team for the monumental accomplishment.
100 delivered in september is a hundred delivered in ~2 weeks given that they rolled the first one off the line yesterday. Not so bad. It will only pick up speed

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Supra
This has me super excited. I just drove a Taycan 5k miles cross country and we loved it, there will be some trade offs for the r1t and I’m sure my name is towards the bottom of the list but, still, haven’t been this excited in a while.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Acura RDX
Occupation
Business Owner
It all makes sense now. No reason to reach out to thousands of people when they were still waiting for government approval. Now guides can actually start contacting customers. The contacts in June were random and just a show. Now they will have hard delivery dates for us.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It all makes sense now. No reason to reach out to thousands of people when they were still waiting for government approval. Now guides can actually start contacting customers. The contacts in June were random and just a show. Now they will have hard delivery dates for us.
Meh, I suspect they thought they were closer than they were and then had to put the breaks on things at the last minute. Giving them the benefit of the doubt though.

Zac

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
CNBC wrote, "A Rivian spokeswoman confirmed that the vehicles being produced are saleable. She declined to discuss the company's plans for ramping-up production, including how many trucks were produced Tuesday, and who will be the first customers to receive the vehicles."

Smithery

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X 100D, Volvo XC70, Mini Cooper JCW, R1T Max
what's CARB approve with a BEV?
Tongue-in-cheekness acknowledged... But CARB certifies the emissions class of any mass manufactured vehicle for sale in California.

In other words, it's aint a BEV unless CARB has looked at it and agreed it was a BEV.

There's some wiggle room out there that you want an authority to weigh in on.
E.g. the BMW i3 with Range Extender is a car propelled solely by electric motors fed from on board batteries, but it also has a tailpipe.

Advertisement

Advertisement