Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I think it's more like 1 truck on June 30th, then 9,999 over the next 183 days.
55 a day.
3.5 trucks an hour.

But it'll start slower and ramp up, so by the end of the year it'll be way more than that.
My configuration page says January 2022

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
And in that pic it actually looks like el cap granite! Thanks for the screen grab

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My configuration page says January 2022
You don't have a Launch Edition reservation (LE).

LE deliveries begin June 2021.
Regular deliveries begin January 2022.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
January 2022 if you went with the Max 400 mile pack as well, regardless of when you preordered - kinda sucks but will be worth the extra wait in range. Let the first deliveries work out the bugs/issues too.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
January 2022 if you went with the Max 400 mile pack as well, regardless of when you preordered - kinda sucks but will be worth the extra wait in range. Let the first deliveries work out the bugs/issues too.
There are no 400 mile pack LEs.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
You don't have a Launch Edition reservation (LE).

LE deliveries begin June 2021.
Regular deliveries begin January 2022.
No, I have currently spec’d a different color. Do we have a concrete idea of what the green is like? I am fairly early on the reservation list, so I may jump back to green if I like the shade.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

No, I have currently spec’d a different color. Do we have a concrete idea of what the green is like? I am fairly early on the reservation list, so I may jump back to green if I like the shade.
So you have a LE (R1T or R1S?)with a different color and a Jan 2022 delivery? What color do you have selected? I have R1T LE with Rivian Blue and mine is still June 2021.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So you have a LE with... a Jan 2022 delivery?
That is not a possibility. Keep in mind the date in the configurator is not "your" delivery date, it is the date that production of that configuration begins. It only means that you will not get your car any earlier than that date - many will take delivery months after that date.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
LE can be spec'd with any color. But if you don't have a LE reservation already (which you don't since you reference 1/2022 availability date), you can not change to the Launch Green color at this point. You can still change to Forest Green or Limestone (or any other color) and all photos of the green R1S so far are of the Forest Green color.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So you have a LE with a different color and a Jan 2022 delivery? What color do you have selected? I have LE with Rivian Blue and mine is still June 2021.
Interesting!
So you have a LE (R1T or R1S?)with a different color and a Jan 2022 delivery? What color do you have selected? I have R1T LE with Rivian Blue and mine is still June 2021.
I don’t think I have a launch edition at this time. I will reach out to the company. Thanks!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Interesting!

I don’t think I have a launch edition at this time. I will reach out to the company. Thanks!
Unfortunately, if you don’t already have LE selected, you are out of luck. There was even a comment about being very careful when making config changes that may remove LE. Once removed, you can not add it back.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unfortunately, if you don’t already have LE selected, you are out of luck. There was even a comment about being very careful when making config changes that may remove LE. Once removed, you can not add it back.
Not a worry. With winter weather here I am seriously considering the battery upgrade.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

I have a friend who just accepted a job with Rivian and starts next week. She said it was made extremely clear that she would be worked very hard over the next 6 months because they would be making the launch date come hell or high water.

There's a big difference between the production teams not having the information and Rivian wanting to control the manner and timing of releasing that information. They probably have a process in which info is gathered, filtered through legal, and added to the customer support training and knowledge bases.

To speculate a little, they also appear to be holding back on the next big update. My guess is that they want to have information parity for both models when they do update us next, and they haven't quite gotten to final road testing of the R1S.

We won't enter a contract to buy the vehicle if anything we need to know is still unknown (except maybe if they offer a no-risk return period). But until that time comes, we're playing by their rules. And they're taking a very Apple-like approach and withholding the details until they're ready to share them. It's frustrating because we're excited. But knowing a little more today verses a month from now isn't actually going to change anything. It only matters when decision time comes, and that is still months away.

Its funny you mention that it "appears to be holding back on the next big update". i had sent in an email last monday expressing that not only am I, but many people from the forums are also disappointed in the lack of communication from Rivian, not even 24 hours later i get a phone call from someone who appears to be in some sort of management role in the company informing me that my email has gone up the flag pole and has been sent to higher management personnel one of which was R.J. himself. he also tried to answer any questions i may have, said he would answer if they pertained to things he was "allowed" to answer on. he told me that there was a lot of new updates and information that they were just not ready to release yet, but did say it shouldn't be too much longer as they were going through the final steps for release.
Sponsored

Last edited: