First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
The reverse water-fording test is an interesting one!
that was impressive. Wasn't sure if i was watching it in reverse
Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Will water come into the cabin?
I would go with not usually. I would think that if you left the car sitting in water above the bottom of the door, some would start to seep in.

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
How is Rivian reaffirming delivery in such a short timeframe when they still have **so many information gaps** on the vehicle??? Surely if they are delivering in under 4 months then they should be able to answer any question posed.

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

No, it starts to float at around one meter depth.
I spoke with CS earlier this week and they confirmed that water will not enter the cabin when going through 3ft of water! How do they acheive that magic???

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
I spoke with CS earlier this week and they confirmed that water will not enter the cabin when going through 3ft of water! How do they acheive that magic???
It is MAGIC.
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”
-- Arthur C. Clarke

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
I dont have one of the very early reservations but I will not be finalizing my order until more info is forthcoming. I am confident it will but the question is when.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How is Rivian reaffirming delivery in such a short timeframe when they still have **so many information gaps** on the vehicle??? Surely if they are delivering in under 4 months then they should be able to answer any question posed.
I know what you mean. If they have any chance of starting deliveries in June, they would need to have the details ironed out by now.

It's not like they will somehow magically go from not even knowing the final dimensions and features to cranking out trucks overnight. If they can't even publish the dimensions and specs for each trim level at this point, something is fishy. I suspect they truly don't have those answers yet, which means no trucks in June.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
love it driving backwards through the water, but who was at the wheel?

1613769215392.png
Had me going for a minute, but appears to be a driver wearing black, looking back over right shoulder.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I remember seeing a video where one of their engineers talked about how difficult it was to seal the doors to prevent water ingress. I actually assume that might be one reason why they're testing in reverse.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Fun math time...
Let's assume their goal is 10,000 trucks this year (I know optimistic, but I sure do like those half-full glasses)
10,000 trucks
7 Months (starting June 1)
Roughly 47 trucks a day
Roughly 16 hours a day
3 trucks/hour

Yeah. It's going to happen. Anyone else need some rose-colored glasses? I buy them at Costco.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I know what you mean. If they have any chance of starting deliveries in June, they would need to have the details ironed out by now.

It's not like they will somehow magically go from not even knowing the final dimensions and features to cranking out trucks overnight. If they can't even publish the dimensions and specs for each trim level at this point, something is fishy. I suspect they truly don't have those answers yet, which means no trucks in June.
I have a friend who just accepted a job with Rivian and starts next week. She said it was made extremely clear that she would be worked very hard over the next 6 months because they would be making the launch date come hell or high water.

There's a big difference between the production teams not having the information and Rivian wanting to control the manner and timing of releasing that information. They probably have a process in which info is gathered, filtered through legal, and added to the customer support training and knowledge bases.

To speculate a little, they also appear to be holding back on the next big update. My guess is that they want to have information parity for both models when they do update us next, and they haven't quite gotten to final road testing of the R1S.

We won't enter a contract to buy the vehicle if anything we need to know is still unknown (except maybe if they offer a no-risk return period). But until that time comes, we're playing by their rules. And they're taking a very Apple-like approach and withholding the details until they're ready to share them. It's frustrating because we're excited. But knowing a little more today verses a month from now isn't actually going to change anything. It only matters when decision time comes, and that is still months away.
Sponsored