Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

No branding was visible on the chargers from inside my truck. I didn't get out and undress them, lol.
HAHA, I could help myself and unzipped the bag for a little Rivian Nip Slip...
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Did about 15 minutes of digging and found what appears to be the New Castle County permit for the project on land parcel ID 0902400023. It's currently showing "OPEN" with a permit extension filed 1/6/23, and now and expire permit fine as of 6/30/23. The contractor appears to be ExecuPower out of King of Prussia.

No information as to why it is delayed/expired that I could find. The station build out location is in the center of the map, just to the left of the words "Parcel Details"

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian RAN chargers - Delaware i95 1693081349572

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian RAN chargers - Delaware i95 1693081515878

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I drive past this location twice a day and it would be nice if we could get it operational!!!

I've emailed the contractor to see if they can shed some light on the project.

Last edited:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I drive past this location twice a day and it would be nice if we could get it operational!!!

I've emailed the contractor to see if they can shed some light on the project.
Can't hurt, it would be great to find out what's going on, but I doubt they will tell you anything. If a random person called or emailed my company asking questions about a client project, we would simply tell them confidentiality agreements prevent us from disclosing any information.

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Can't hurt, it would be great to find out what's going on, but I doubt they will tell you anything. If a random person called or emailed my company asking questions about a client project, we would simply tell them confidentiality agreements prevent us from disclosing any information.
I figure my email will either go un-responded to, or a similar response.

UPDATE: to my surprise I got a reply from the contractor, and Delmarva Power will be energizing the site very [S=0===0=N] and then the contractor will get their final inspections done immediately and look to go live with Rivian.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
I went there today and they are unbagged and partially powered up. The lights on top seem to be in rainbow mode. However the screen was off. I tried plugging in and my car didn't detect any signal. BTW there are 8 stations.

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I will check up daily this week on my commute...

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Last night 10/3/23, I met with the Rivian guys doing the final touches on this RAN, them even asked me to plug in and test charge so that they could have 2 trucks charging at the same time. All went well, 218kW almost immediately! Stalls are wired as 2 pair of 3 stations. They said despite being 100% on their end, the RAN site may be down until the final light pole between these chargers is installed despite the lot having lighting.

10/4/23 @ 6:30am update

Sorry everyone, I thought we might be green lit last night...

It appears that Rivian is now wanting to wait for the final light pole to be installed at this sight.

As of 6:30am today the stations were are "RED" lit, and may be so until the light is installed in the middle of these RAN chargers, despite the parking lot having its own lighting...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian RAN chargers - Delaware i95 CEDD1E57-028B-4554-8EAB-AC031C049391.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian RAN chargers - Delaware i95 IMG_0615

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian RAN chargers - Delaware i95 IMG_0618

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Sponsored

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charged there today. Came in at 20% and after a few minutes it went up to 215kW. Held over 200kW for a long time. Charged to 70% and left. Took 25 minutes for an average of 158kW for the session.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I only go by this area once or twice a year on an annual road trip to NH with my family so I'm not completely familiar with the site. Are these close to the shake shack/bahama breeze area of the mall or somewhere else specifically? Just thinking ahead on how far to walk for food options and how far we would be away from the labrador in the R1S while charging.

Great to see it finally open.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I only go by this area once or twice a year on an annual road trip to NH with my family so I'm not completely familiar with the site. Are these close to the shake shack/bahama breeze area of the mall or somewhere else specifically? Just thinking ahead on how far to walk for food options and how far we would be away from the labrador in the R1S while charging.

Great to see it finally open.
I am not sure. I charged there twice this week. It is really far from the mall. Right next to a bus stop. I figured walking to the mall and back would take longer than charging for 25 minutes. So I am not sure what the inside of the mall looks like.
Sponsored