Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I was talking to the Tesla store manager at my local mall, Christiana Mall. He said that the recent install of a transformer and rough in was indeed a RAN charger, 6 units with a max of 12. I reached out to the account on twitter that tracks them all to do some leg work since I could not find any permitting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

UPDATE: As of this morning on my commute I was able to see what appears to be the chargers installed, but bagged up. I will take a detour and report back once I know more!

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Following.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Chargers at Christiana mall would be helpful. I am hoping they add something further south towards the middle of the Delmarva Peninsula though, there doesn't seem to be much available on most maps.

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
FWIW, the original RAN plan showed sites in Dover and Georgetown.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I would be surprised if Rivian put RANs in. More fast charging coming. 14 sites. I am a bit skeptical because "fast" isn't defined here. https://news.delaware.gov/2023/01/25/dnrec-funds-new-electric-vehicle-fast-charging-stations/
On the large RAN thread here someone posted photos (last week, last page of the thread as of this writing) of RANS in the Christina Mall Parking Lot mounted with bags over them. Seems they are likely to come online very soon (I'm hoping extremely soon because I have a road trip from NoVA to NH planned for a week from tomorrow)

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
On the large RAN thread here someone posted photos (last week, last page of the thread as of this writing) of RANS in the Christina Mall Parking Lot mounted with bags over them. Seems they are likely to come online very soon (I'm hoping extremely soon because I have a road trip from NoVA to NH planned for a week from tomorrow)
Yeah, I'm saying that will likely be it for RAN but Delaware looks to be adding more "fast" chargers across other providers which will be good. Right now we look to book vacation houses in Bethany with EV chargers installed to ensure we can get to 100% before driving home.

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

That was me, I pass it daily and will update once I see them uncovered or Rivian themselves gets back to me with a date.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

That was me, I pass it daily and will update once I see them uncovered or Rivian themselves gets back to me with a date.

haha... and we come full circle....

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I would be surprised if Rivian put RANs in. More fast charging coming. 14 sites. I am a bit skeptical because "fast" isn't defined here. https://news.delaware.gov/2023/01/25/dnrec-funds-new-electric-vehicle-fast-charging-stations/
I won't care who installs new chargers on the Delmarva Peninsula as long as someone does, and they are maintained. I though I read that Royal Farms was trying to work with a well known brand to get them installed at some of their stations.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I won't care who installs new chargers on the Delmarva Peninsula as long as someone does, and they are maintained. I though I read that Royal Farms was trying to work with a well known brand to get them installed at some of their stations.
Royal Farms has 50kw chargers in Smyrna and Milford but they are CHAdeMO.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
UPDATE: As of this morning on my commute I was able to see what appears to be the chargers installed, but bagged up. I will take a detour and report back once I know more!
I drove by the Chrstiana Mall Monday. The chargers, near Nordstrom and Cabela's but adjacent to the loop road, are still bagged. No branding anywhere that I could see.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian RAN chargers - Delaware i95 1691547288741

OP
OP
FirstStateR1T

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I drove by the Chrstiana Mall Monday. The chargers, near Nordstrom and Cabela's but adjacent to the loop road, are still bagged. No branding anywhere that I could see.

1691547288741.png
No Branding? There are Rivian RAN plaques and if you unzip the bag and peak they are RIVIAN chargers, lol... Hope we get these [S=0===0=N]

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
No Branding? There are Rivian RAN plaques and if you unzip the bag and peak they are RIVIAN chargers, lol... Hope we get these [S=0===0=N]
No branding was visible on the chargers from inside my truck. I didn't get out and undress them, lol.
Sponsored